Shaggys 1st indoor tent...err...1st time ever grow!

A good idea switching to the taller tent for flowering. My GSC was over 60” tall when I bent her over.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I figure I would add you in on this issue, as you have helped me a ton on my grow. The droopy lady above is a Bloodstar clone (one of my original clones from July) taken in flower. She was was the ‘runt’ I gave to @shaggbaggins. We can’t really figure out why she is so droopy. As far as I know, she hasn’t been over or under watered, and is in a five gallon fabric pot. She is pretty bushy for a sativa dom hybrid, so she may need more frequent watering. I haven’t been over to see his plant personally, but her sister (my plant) never looked droopier than the picture below.

6 Likes

I truly believe when using Fox Farm nutrients, you should follow the flushing protocol to a tee. I’ve had salt buildup my entire grow, and just flushed yesterday for a third time in three months. I will definitely be switching nutrient companies, or moving to something more DIY because of this problem. It’s been a huge pain in the *$$!

However, I’d like others to chime in. It’s only my first grow, and for the most part, I probably don’t even know what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some kind of root issue going on that is keeping the plant from getting everything it needs. First I would suggest you allow the soil to dry almost to the point of wilting before watering. This forces the plant to ‘hunt’ for moisture. Maybe a good dose of Mykos would help. See if you can get some support for the root mass. Maybe pot up into a 7 gallon fabric pot as well.

4 Likes

That makes sense. Mykos at this point would probably be a good idea. Letting her completely dry would also be a good step. The good thing is, he can figure this out before flower begins. Thanks @Myfriendis410. I feel guilty because this is a plant I gave him, and it was always kind of an afterthought when in my tent. I probably didn’t give her the care she deserved, as I was originally just gonna cull her. @shaggbaggins has done a good job with her, all things considered. She’s a mangy bush, and will eventually be larger than any of my flowering ladies.

4 Likes

I haven’t started stepping the light cycle down yet so potting up would not be an issue. Check that, I’ll mix in some mykos with my next watering. Plus I like to sprinkle some mykos in the transplant hole and on the root ball. Thanks too for the Dead Bug/Peroxide schedule, it’s working wonders!.

4 Likes

@shaggbaggins looking good besides the drooping, keep up the hard work!

1 Like

Looking good :+1::+1:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Looking good Shag. No idea on the droop. 410’s guess is as good as any tho.

And good idea tall tent for flower. The stretch is real

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! If topping is supposed to shock those ladies, you wouldn’t be able to tell!

Billie is still looking droopy, gonna treat her with some mykos next watering and see if that helps before I decide to pot up a size.
I picked up a GOVEE bluetooth thermometer/hygrometer and it shows trends over time. Night time humidity is up to 80%, well…we’ll fix that. Added a small dehumidifier (thanks @Jza444!) Gotta be careful with my exhaust fan, it drops the humidity to the low 50s. That seems a little low right now (gonna be great for flower!) and temps are steady in the low 70s during lights on and mid 60s at night. But winter is upon us and I will need a small room heater (old baseboard heaters with a simple built in line-voltage thermostat. This can make heating expensive (plus I want to run the grow op on this baseboard circuit-single pole 20 amp breaker).
Anyone have any good recommendations for a decently priced room heater? I was thinking of the radiator style plugged into a timer to run over night, or hooked up to an inkbird controller. But, any and all suggestions are welcome!

2 Likes

Looking good, set to following, hope to see big buds at your harvest.

2 Likes

@That_one_guy Thanks! It’s been a fun learning experience!

Ok, so after some great white and feeding, there is a little perk up on Billie the Bloodstar. pH 6.7 and PPM 1160 out (Thirsday morning). I’m just gonna go ahead and pot up to a 7gal and hit the bush doctor boomerang. Looks like I may be flowering everyone together anyway haha.

This is pre feeding (haven’t snapped a shot recently)

The little girls are doing great! CP1, 2 and GB topping is looking good. FIM on CP3 did not produce so I just topped her and it’s looking good a couple days later. Here’s post feed. Ph out 6.5 to 6.6, PPM 1200 (well water at 300 and first real run off with FFOF/Happy Frog).
Right to left-GB, CP1, CP2, CP3.

So, when does everyone do a second topping?

4 Likes

I’m on my first still and I agree, its also been kind of therapeutic for me.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 any ideas or recommendations for soil I should transplant into? @Jza444 and I were chatting and thought ocean forest may be a little hot this close to flipping (considering flowering nutes). I can feel root mass in the pot and when I press down on top of the soil. I do believe she needs some more room below the belt.

2 Likes

Go with the OF. The plant is going to be very demanding in flower. You will have a bolus of N to deal with but that’s not really a bad thing. Dump some Mykos in when you do.

2 Likes

Right on, thanks! I just posted over in the transplant help section as well.

Do you prefer mykos over great white? I have a good amount of great white left but I’m always open to new options when I run out :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s fine.

2 Likes

Once they are fully recovered and growing regularly, u can retop.

2 Likes

You get Billie sorted out, and you are gonna have some massive purple/red colas on that lady. It’s gonna be awesome. Since you already have a reasonable amount of calcium in your well water, would it be a good idea to throw some epsom salt in with the OF, perlite, and great white on the transplant to the 7g or 10g pot? That would save you from using any bottled calmag with excess Nitrogen. My Advanced Nutrients CalMag is 4-0-0.

1 Like