Sf4000 light burn

I’m definitely adding extra mag in my jack’s recipe.Just recently learned that… Im in dirt with really hard water so I don’t think I’ve had calcium issues. Im new to this so :man_shrugging: could be :rofl:

That sounds like a good schedule to follow Thanks!

1 Like

@Sincitytoker this is what I was talking about

1 Like

Hmmmm
I have used my sf 4000 for 3 grows now and had no burn issues
I have ran even up to 80% in veg with no issues at 24-30”
Maybe some sort of nute issues going on but I really don’t think it’s your sf 4000
Shoot I just ran with no choice my plants at 10-12” under the light :flushed: absolutely did not want to but no choice and yes they were bleached from the light but didn’t crisp or dry anything up .
What type of ph pen do you have?

1 Like

I know :rofl:. I’ve heard at least one other that had the same experience. They ran 100% all the time. Then others have had the same experience as me. One person mentioned they thought they mainly experienced it with GG… and my northern lights stretched but didn’t show any burn. What are you growing? It could be strain specific idk. Or auto vs regular.

I was up to 80% in veg right before transition when problems started. I think if I’d have reduced intensity a day or two earlier I would have been ok

A ways back i grew regular Afghanistan under 400W MH and I had tips would get within inches of the glass without problems. I couldn’t create a yellow leaf back then if I tried. Only used MG too :rofl: LED and autos are different

Two on right were $10 left one was $40 I never calibrated them but they read the same. I bought all 3 this past January

1 Like

Yes I have heard the same thing also.
One thing I haven’t grown is autos but from some pretty experienced auto growers I have talked I have never heard them mention light sensitive but could be.
Could be other factors also like temperature or even some good air flow.
One thing I do is I have a lot of sir moving around in the tent.
Could be many variables.
I just placed my sf 4000 in my 3x3 tent so I’m definitely going to watch intensity while in use there.

1 Like

Is the $40 a aspera 20?
I would recommend you calibrate once a month.
Even on higher end ph pens it is recommended at least once a month.
Just to be on the safe side

1 Like

i can not run my sf 4000 at more than 80 % or it causes heat stress (weird) cause it was 24’’ away from canopy

2 Likes

I have pretty good airflow. Two 6" one 10" interior and acfinity 390cu/min inline running at 1/2 speed. Humidity has risen in my area but usually stays under 60%. Temps around 72°

I think I’m gonna try a photo grow with this light and see

1 Like

I think it’s intensity not heat. I ran a 1000w MH in this tent without burning

1 Like

I don’t have the stuff to calibrate. I have the powder but they want like $50 for ionized water. All 3 pens are giving me same readings so I figured they were ok

1 Like

Have you ran only autos?

That one yellow ph pen you purchased on Amazon is pretty much junk
I own one and after 1 day of use I never used it again and I purchased a blue lab pen
I think no matter what pen you use it should be calibrated on a regular basis.
They sell ph 4 and ph 7 solution for about $15 for 8 oz that should last you a few months if not about a year

1 Like

I will get some and see. I couldn’t believe the price of deionized water… wow

“That one yellow ph pen you purchased on Amazon is pretty much junk
I own one and after 1 day of use I never used it again and I purchased a blue lab pen”

Yeah, you always get what you pay for

Yes, under LED I’ve only grown autos.

Years ago, I grew regular weed with a 400w in my closet. Never had any problems. Once the tips were almost touching the glass but didn’t burn. I only used miracle grow 20 20 20 and grew some awesome weed. Still had problems with solid nugs but the buzz what out of this world. It was before most growers in my area and highly illegal so you had to be really careful. I really couldn’t smoke it with anyone because they had seen nothing like it and would have wanted to know where it came from, can I get them some etc… If the cops show up and you have just a 1/4lb of street weed you can flush it. If you have a closet full it’s pretty hard to hide so you couldn’t let anyone know. It was a rush

1 Like

i think u are correct. still anything above 80 no buenuo