Sexing, and fast

Most of the plant looks like these. White pistils for sure. But if that looks predominantly male, I’ll trust more experienced eyes than mine.

Took quite a bit of digging into the damaged branch - found a lot of plant matter but one probable immature seed. Questioning it enough that I’m glad to have removed the offending branch and will be on standby to see if the opinion remains “it’s actually a male plant entirely.”

It’s a reg bag seed so I wouldn’t be shocked. Thought I was somewhat clear (obviously was on the watch for balls from a herm anyway) when the pistils started up on the top half of the plant. Gonna need to come down hard in the next few hours either way, I want it gone before anything has a chance to mature and drop pollen if it’s going to.

@Deez idk if it makes a difference but the upper growth is getting hammered with light. Pretty much 100% 240w kingbrites about 8-12” overhead (if that) and whatever spillover from the HLG 320w that’s running perpendicular to the kingbrite (HLG is a good 18” above) I know they need to be adjusted, and will be grabbing large zip ties to strap them to the ceiling of the tent tonight.

Lighting may make sense to me in terms of why the growth is so tightly packed at those upper limbs that to me seem to clearly have pistils but may… have pollen sacs or just stupidly close new growth. I felt so sure that busted branch was trying to herm its long gone and I may prune off any lowers that have been damaged along the way, too, if it seems like upper is female. Ya know. Cut off the balls, so to speak.

Yeah I just had to pull one for having less than female leanings too. Sorry buddy

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s stupidly close new growth. I get fooled into thinking that’s pistils sometimes too.

1 Like

Still leaning toward man then? Ah well. That’s the gamble of a bag seed! He’ll get yeeted when I get home in a few hours.

It’s the worst, but the good news is, I’ve got one more auto to finish in that tent and I’ll be able to start cleaning out the RDWC for the next round. I’m not too heartbroken this time

I’d say suspect. I’m not pro enough to definitively tell others on tricky cases. But looked pretty ballsy to me

1 Like

Yeah. It’s enough that I’m willing to lose the plant, honestly oh well if it was a lady with a manly branch - I can’t risk it with Lemon Tree and Gelato right next to it and only a few weeks away (at least gelato is anyway).

1 Like

That’s the same I just did. 3 bud sites sitting bananas… not in my house. I got to many lovely ladies to rush their… “health”

1 Like

I have a clone that I made from topping my outdoor grow this summer. It just started to bud and I pulled one of the giant swollen calyxes off broke it apart and definitely had tiny seeds in them. So the plant definitely Hermed? And is it worth growing out for seeds? Since the plant it came off of was definitely a female and was healthy and good genetics. I just wanted to see if I understood what I just read that the seeds should be feminized. Or is the seeds going to create another Herm.

My understanding is a herm begets another herm. But if it’s possible your plant got cross-pollenated by a male somewhere within a few square miles, then she may be worth growing into seeds. I can’t really say. Outdoor introduces a whole new element to it. My plants are all indoors and the air is run thru a carbon filter so any pollen is internal for me

If your plant herm’d don’t be growin it out for seed unless you wanna grow more herms. That’s for sure.

1 Like

Is there a way to tell if it got hermed from stress or pollinated from a male? I did just toss a reg plant I had that was about seven weeks and had balls and he was sitting right next to the plant that is in question. The plant in question doesn’t have nanners. I just popped open the swollen calyxes.

Just calyxes with seeds and no balls or bananas means it was likely seeded by a male.

If you’re seeing male sex organs on a flowering plant that’s a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania baby.

I’ll take a couple pictures because I’m definitely not seeing any boy parts or bananas. Just reading this post made me scratch my head and check my own plant. About a week ago I was like damn look how swollen those things are. Never seen anything like that before.

@Deez

2 Likes

@Das_Fonz that’s what girls look like where I come from!

1 Like

@Deez So the seeds that are in the swollen calyxes are in Turn feminized seeds? I’m just really trying to understand that’s all. Because if they are I’m going to grow her out and collect as many of them seeds as I can. If not I’m chopping her down. Thanks for the help.

No, if you have seeds In a calyx right now it’s a baby seed based on how far into flowering these Buds appear to be. It’s just a seed, not feminized.

@Deez Seeds caused by becoming a Herm. Therefore Hermi seeds and no bueno. Sorry if I’m missing the point.

1 Like