Severly tight budget grow GGAF

Personnaly, I would support the stem by making a little mound around it with the surrounding media.

2 Likes

ok thanks

1 Like

Maybe check with somebody more experienced first. But that’s how I do it and it helps to keep them stronger at first…

2 Likes

you are going to be fine. dont stress and flip out. like me

2 Likes

i was worried. ive been in a battle with her here in the forums. shes surviving so far. i appreciate all the help greatly

1 Like

should i be giving her any nutrients?

The soil you mentioned in an earlier post (Soil w/salt, 25-13-19) looks pretty hot. You won’t need nutes for well over a month.

Seedlings don’t need any nutes at all.

1 Like

awesome! thanks!

if you have a habitat for humanity, goodwill, salvation army whatever stalk them and look for cheap things for your grow. reuse recycle whatever works. just thinking around problems out of the box. it takes a minute for a lot of us to come up with the scratch to fund our grows

2 Likes

I would try to get lights closer.
The plant is stretching to reach the light.

I have seen grows with low power lights that are within 6 inches of plant to keep them from stretching.

As far as soil. If it’s to hot(meaning to high of nutrient content) would it be possible to flush some of it ( run water through it) to make it less hot ? Asking all for help on this question. You can then take the flushed soil and mound it around the plant to cover the stem about half way so it stands stronger. This wont hurt it.
Just like mentioned above by @kaptain3d

Now is there a reason you are using distilled ? If on a tight budget isn’t tap water ok ? Just have it sit in bucket 24hrs for chlorine to dissolve if its city water.
Others can chime in also on my questions to help verify if good or bad suggestions as I am not a soil grower.

2 Likes

guys check her out!!

3 Likes

yay! great job still alive

2 Likes

alright… so i was blessed and have the ability to buy a light! hallelujah! for 90 dollars i landed a 1500w yintatech grow light. heard of it?? i saw some reviews on YT about the 1200w and they are quite nice.

is the purple on the smaller leaves okay? that normal? if not how to fix…

1 Like

Looking great. Try to watch max temp as it is to high.

So the light I cant find but I’d imagine it is an amazon blurple(blue n purple color) low cost. And I would estimate that to be around 250watts. They always post the wattage of max draw per specs of the leds and not what they actually run at. This will be sufficient enough to grow your plant through flower and into harvest. The cons to this is light fluffy buds that are not dense but. They will be good smoke. A excellent way to start growing. I myself started with low funds and used 2 $80 vivosun blurple which made me happy for a first grow. I used 1 in veg and was able to scratch up enough for a second before it started to flower.
These are obvious starter lights. I think you will be happy with your choice.
To get a better yield make sure to research LST low stress training.

Best of luck my friend. I cant wait to see the results.

Oh and when you water. Just imagine a large cup around the seedling and water the outside ring. This way the roots search for water and grow out more. So try to keep the circle of water away from stem about 3 inch or so.
The coloring in middle should be fine. Looks good to me.

1 Like

awesome! thank u and im excited too. hopefully my story will benefit many others along with everyones input! this is great

1 Like

does droopy leaves mean overwater? from the top of the soil up to the leaves shes droopy and kinda laying over.

1 Like

every time mine look like that I was told push soil up to support the stem and or use toothpick to prop it up

2 Likes

ok thanks. i did actually. im using a cut straw too

1 Like

Over or under watering is same.

The guys/gals on here say to put finger in soil to second knuckle and check if dry or damp. That’s what I see people say anyways.
I’m a hydro grower so the perfect watering in soil I dont know. Hopefully someone chimes in.

May be to little water if doing the ring of water thing. Might need a bit closer to plant or just more water when u do it.

2 Likes