Severly tight budget grow GGAF

i decided to take part in my own journey of growing marijuana. im into day 5 now. im extremely new to this. please dont hesitate to offer advice. im using a 2 gal pot right now with 25-13-19 soil, distilled gallon water, 4 100w/23w cfl bulbs at 6500k and 1 cfl bulb at 2700k. as of now, ive only watered. any suggestions, concerns, or comments?

3 Likes

Looks like she is off to a good start. You could cut a soda bottle in half and use it as a humidity dome during the seedling stage when they need a lot of humidity. You’ll def need a stronger light If you don’t already have one . Cfl bulbs are cheap and they will grow weed to some extent but as she gets bigger you’ll need a lot of them . I’m not a soil grower but at this stage your soil choice might be “hot” for a seedling as they don’t usually need nutrients right away but again I’m not a soil grower so take that with a grain of salt :v:

3 Likes

I’m on board. If you get a chance give us some of your stats. I see that in your title you’re tight on your budget. Hopefully like @Watt-Sun you will be able to do something about lights. If you intend to buy a light please try to get advice from some members before you go to Amazon and just buy whatever looks good. Many of the lights on Amazon may look good but are extremely deceptive about output and capabilities. If you can’t afford to spend to much that’s OK no one here will judge you, but some of the lights are better than others. Good luck on your first grow.

4 Likes

stats? thank you very much man

When I say stats I just mean will you growing in tent or just out in the open. What type of soil. Have you thought about nutrients. Things like this can make a difference. If members have a idea about how you are growing they can make suggestions to help out. Being on a tight budget can make growing a little more challenging. Trust me some of the members are ingenious here, they can help come up with solutions to problems without having to spend a lot of money.

1 Like

nice man thanks. im completely clueless at any of this. i need more soil!? i bought this indoor plant soil from walmart. i have to change it? yea man… when i say tight budget im talking tight as in i borrowed the money for distilled water.

2 Likes

Well you have came to the best place to learn. I’m still a little clueless myself. You can grow without spending a lot of money. You may be surprised or disappointed with results. You definitely need to start thinking about lights. If you have the time and really want to be successful try to start reading some of the threads about lights. Probably the most important aspect to having a successful grow.

3 Likes

can u get a taller cardboard box and line it with tin foil to put your plant in? I saw that done before

4 Likes

Looking good, and you are getting some good suggestions. Welcome to ILGM.

One (or 2 at most) CFL bulbs are enough for the seedling for the next week or 2.

That soil is probably too hot for a young plant. Suggest going to something with less fertilizer for your transplant (if you intend to do so.)

You’ll need much more lighting to flower the plant. If you can stomach the cost of better lighting, then the most efficient single plant light you can get into is probably the 135W QB V2 Rspec from Horticulture Lighting Group. It’s just under $200 and would be money well spent. Others may have different / better ideas.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum it is a great place. I’m sure you can find the help your looking to receive. Some of the stats below will help us help you.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like

What strain: ilgm gorgilla glue auto

Seed bank: ilgm

Method: Soil w/salt, 25-13-19

Vessels: Pots

PH of Water: using distilled

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable{ what is this???

Indoor

Light system: 4 100w/23w 6500k cfl’s

Temps: Day/Night has been around 80°F

Humidity: Day/Night has been 50-60%

Ventilation system: no

AC: yes, tower heater with fan

Humidifier/De-humidifier: no

Co2: no

what should my soil temp be?

should i keep my heating pad underneath? the soil is 77°F right now

How are you measuring soil temp? One of those 2 pronged dealios that also measures pH and wetness?

1 Like

no. i recessed my humidity gauge into the soil just a little bit.

you can get 600 watt hps, mh adjustable ballast gull wing hood under 175$ on Internet better too go with more light if you are successful the first grow you’ll want to do more firstuff grow I did 5 on my third grow now and have 15 it’s additive

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not going to really help measure the moisture level of your soil. Use your finger tip to poke into the soil about 2 inches OR pick up the pot to feel its weight to determine moisture content.

You need to know the humidity of your grow space. That is extremely important.

1 Like

That may not be true as far as money savings is concerned. You can do better with led especially when the cost of electricity is factored in.
For instance, if I was paying an extra 30 bucks to get a 135 watt rspec, the power savings would be enormous and the OP could still pull off a grow. Gas lamps are really inefficient, much of that wattage is going into heat which needs to be removed in most cases, and that also costs money.

2 Likes

ok guys how she look?? and suggestions?

1 Like

is something wrong at the base?