Setting up a commercial grow

I am going to be starting a large commercial grow and could use all the help I can get on the set up, lights, watering system I am building a 20,000 sf building and want to start out with 4 or 5 different strains until I am comfortable with more strains. I will be taking the labs on here starting tomorrow but am sure I will be needing more help…Anyone ever have a large grow and maybe want a consulting job? Am looking to get roughly 500 seeds from ILGM. “hopefully they will get back to me on wholesale pricing” I don’t have a problem stating that I’m in over my head but can’t not do it either am hoping this will help with retirement fund lol. Thanks and like I said any help would be great.

You’re gonna need a shit load of 1000w mh/hps grow lights

2 Likes

@garrigan62

1 Like

Depending on where you are I can give you a place to call for help and possibly get a commercial account

I think @latewood does consulting work?

1 Like

@dbrn32

1 Like

what can I do for ya @ Covertgrower

2 Likes

Nice man im north of you. You are doing something awesome and hope you are ready for insane work loads. Best thing is to draw out a flow chart and check if it will work with the facility you are in

1 Like

Mmmm… looks to me like you MIGHT not just need a consultant… but a project manager… This is a huge op…

Not a lot of cannabis specific project managers that are not already working more than they want I suspect.

Now… you might consider project managers with a background in say building co-lo centers, labs, etc… and exp dealing in your state… other stuff… gotta run… food is ready!

Thought you knew which direction to point the original poster @garrigan62

Latewood will get with you. He was online a little while ago but has notifications sent by email I’m pretty sure, and has a lot going on like the rest of us. He can get you squared away though.

Thanks everyone I am gonna jump in head first and see how it go’s hell what can go wrong besides growing a LOT of green. lol

1 Like

That’s the spirit… If you read the ILGM Free articles, forums, then do the labs and go to the private forums, you can find pretty much anything you need to know… other than the large commercial machinery needed to scale to the size you are going to.

But I would highly recommend growing some small scale right now to learn how to do it… Easier with 2-4 plants and cheaper than it would be to lose a crop of 100 plants or so…

2 Likes

I have been growing small time for awhile just for personal use but not to the extent that some of you are I have never topped or trained a plant. I have 2 tents right now that I have grown 3 small crops with.1525723180155%20(1)

5 Likes

Going to follow this one. Thinking of doing the same thing but for now I’m in a non-420 state. We’re getting close though.

3 Likes

You need to find a farmer that is already really good or your not going to end up with a sellable product and have to make oil out of it.

1 Like

I thought about that already and have been in contact with a few processors that buy raw product so that I at least have a back up plan if things don’t go right at first. I have been thinking about this for awhile being a carpenter by trade but unable to work due to injuries I am hoping everything goes well or grows well lol.

2 Likes

Do you have people set up for planting and growing?

1 Like

I apologize for not catching up sooner. Much going on at this time of year. Ia m part of a commercial network, that includes Oklahoma. I will PM you.

lw

3 Likes

I will let everyone know when I get to the point where I’m ready to start hiring people. Thank you so much

4 Likes