Setting up a 14x14 grow room

Holy crap…
Super growth in a few weeks

I’m over grown …

:grin::+1:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I just want to know light = heat… numbers…
That’s the only thing that matters at the moment…

I’m running hps -air cooled … with great results…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

1 watt = 3.41 btu per hour.

2 Likes

I think you should look into light movers it is way way worth looking into I love mine

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ROC7FSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Yvh6DbVKV14P0

4 Likes

This is what I’m running

2 Likes

I get why light movers benefit HID grows. Is it worth the money and headroom in this situation if they go the LED route?

@ggc1962 do you have the option of raising the ceiling at all?

I ask because there’s a lot of advantages to lifting the pots up on tables. You can bring the plant/canopy up to a height that’s more healthy for your neck and back. You also have more options if you decide to go the hydroponic route. Even with conventional watering, you have more options as far as collecting runoff and keeping the space clean.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I have put my LEDs on the light mover and it’s absolutely worth it for me

3 Likes

I’m used to seeing light movers in 1000w HPS setups because that’s almost a single point light source, so moving it improves coverage. But with these LEDs the array already spreads the coverage out quite a bit.

It could save a lot of money though in this instance since the lights are so costly upfront.

I have about 142 questions. To start, 1. Are you doing soil? 2. What size pots if so? 3. Are you not wanting to maximize your space as to plants you are capable of growing in that room? 4. An HLG 600 rspec v2 puts out a little over 2000 BTUs per fixture unless you remotely mount your driver outside of your grow room, how much AC do you have available? I just went thru all of this with 4, 25’x35’ new grow rooms inside a 40’x120’ existing metal building. I am no expert but am familiar with design issues involved with the situation you described. This biggest issue I ran into was enough electric, maybe no problem for you. Do the math, for example, 5.4 amps per light, based on fixtures I used, yours may be different, fans, CO2 natural gas generators, exhaust fan systems, controls and automated timers, at least 60 amps for a 5 ton heat and air system including disconnect for condensing unit. You can easily fill a 200 amp panel for just one adequately supplied room.

3 Likes

@KeystoneCops no option to raise the ceiling. I am doing hydro ebb and flow . @Rocketman not using soil, i use lava rock. All drivers will be outside of room . It has a new goodman 3 ton air conditioner and goodman 100,000 btu furnace. We just upgraded the electrical to a square d 200 amp 40 space panel. We are in the middle of re-doing all the ducting because when i bought the building, most of it was junk. I think we decided to go with @dbrn32 and @KeystoneCops suggested and partitioning the room off

4 Likes

Sounds like you have more than enough electric capacity. I went with stand alone 5 ton AC units for my rooms because of the size of the rooms. This eliminated additional cost of duct work, registers/grilles, and labor associated with install. The heating capacity was not a real issue for me.

If you look at medical partitions there are flexible curtain systems that might really work for you. They’re easy to move out of the way, but bounce light back on the plants. Worth looking at.

I also have a 14x14 grow room with 10 foot ceiling Have 100 amps out in my area. Any tip anyone can give me with equipment? trying to grow 12 to 16, and yield as much as possible. used to using coco when i helped someone out.

Hi Juicy,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining us.

You have the footprint, volume, and amperage. Do you have a startup budget? Does the space have a thermostat as well as heating and cooling?

Feel free to create your own thread to plan this out.

Cheers!

After going thru a nightmare with a bad septic system and water leaks at floor level, beginning to kick myself for buying this property but we are slowly gettin there. Had to tear out old lung room that we were planning to use and moving it to the center of building meaning more ducting and electrical cost but we’re gettin close. new lung room set up and quest 155 dehu installed. Cut grooves in the floor are where water lines will be ran per 2 14x12 rooms for veg and bloom. everything is being done in dura-max pvc panels and decided to go with 2 14x12 rooms. slowly getting there. Nothing ever goes as planned. lol

3 Likes