Setback or Future Opportunity for Exansion of Grow 😈

I would flower them all.

2 Likes

Same here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will flower them all together. Im going to be mixing up another batch of nutes tonight and staying on Late Veg schedule around 700-725 ppm.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @dbrn32 I got an email notification that my HLG UV bar has shipped and will be here Friday. I can see a side-by-side 650 vs 650 w/uv comparison sometime soon.

I have enough wattage meters to keep things equal. The seeds I popped are matched pairs of Bubblegum and critical mass. If they grow relatively equally, I will start a thread documenting the difference from flowering to weighing.

1 Like

If these four seeds work out for a test base, I could flower all four at once. One of each under each light. I think the most scientific way would be to flower them all together in my veg room, so humidity, temp, feedings and space are all fixed.

Would the UV bar being mounted on one of two lights in the room adversely impact the result from the spread across the 4x8 space?

I have extra Mylar, but the wiring, sensors, and ventilation aren’t quite functional, in my opinion, for dual zone.

1 Like

Doubt it. If so it wouldn’t be by much.

Had one of my drain lines come loose when I was moving stuff around in the tent and made a mess! :man_facepalming::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Tent was getting kinda crowded, so I decided to put the four plants in the “4x8” room with both 650s. I won’t need it for veg for a month or two, so why not?

Picked up some more pvc, so I can fashion a couple support nets/scrogs.

I will do a grow with this configuration, 4x4 for veg and 4x8 for flower, before deciding whether to make the larger space for veg.

Thinks continue to plug along with slow progress, but I do believe things are finding their home.

I also have all the parts to assemble my cloner tote. @Covertgrower I didn’t see your tutorial initially, but did incorporate the tough tote and brass misters you recommended. Using 3/4” pvc spray frame and will be tapping for the threaded inserts.
One decision left is which pump to use. I have a submersible/inline eco 396 or a 12V external Chinese pump with 1/2” hose barbs. The 12V pump isn’t supposed to run longer than six hours constant, so I’m unsure if that will work. Do you have them most 24/7?

Are you trying to replicate the cloner? The brass misters need 80psi for them to work. The shurflo 8000 series will produce that pressure.

However I recommend low pressure aeroponics for best results for clones.

1 Like

I’ve finally gotten everything substantially set up. I still need to assemble veg tent auto watering, but they won’t need that for another month, and the parts are on the shelf. (Smoking has made me procrastinate more! :man_facepalming:)

Veg Tent: chilled x3 330 watt; ac infinity s4 intake and T6 exhaust with ac infinity filter.

Flower Room: 2- HLG 650r’s; 1 HLG 30w UVA; 1- ac infinity T8 exhaust; 2-16” oscillating wall fans and 3-12” oscillating fans; hydro halo fed from 30 gal res.

And Seedling/Mother Cabinet: seedling-8- 100w equivalent cfl; seedling mat, mini humidifier, and small fan. Mother: vivosun 4- bulb T5; ac infinity 5” rack fan intake, 8” desk fan.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser when you’re not trying to robustly grow your mother plants, what all nutrients do you add to the mix?

Thus far I have nursed her back to health with 300 ppm GH Flora Trio only with semi-weekly Amos top dressing.

I’d like to know if I should be adding any silica or cal-mag, and about what strength you typically maintain them at.

Now that’s a setup ! Looks great man :ok_hand:

1 Like

Could I possibly get a detailed description of how you built and what you used to build this tote?

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ll take some detailed pictures of the inside today.

EcoPlus 728310 Pump, 396 GPH, Black Amazon.com

80 Pcs Micro Garden Lawn Water Spray Misting Nozzle Sprinkler Irrigation System (90 Degree,180 Degree,360 Degree) Amazon.com

I built the spray structure out of extra 3/4” pvc I had.

1 Like

I’m very interested in the retainers you’re using for the cloning plugs. It looks like you have something slid into the holes in the lid that you slipped the clothing plugs into.

1 Like

Yes. 2” net pots that I cut the bottom out of. That way there’s a small lip to keep collars from falling through. I used a 2” hole saw to make the openings.

3 Likes

Thank you very much.:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Joshmcginnis28 I still want to clean up some wiring and extension cords, but I’m really happy with the space so far.

1 Like

Other than some cables that some zip ties can solve, it’s a real clean thought-out space ! Ready for all cycles of life ! I’m already planning my expansions also.

Excuse me if this has been answered. If so I’ll go backward and re read. But how big of footprints is all of this ?

2 Likes

Room is 12’x15’ roughly. Flower Room has grow space of 34”x96” in a 4x8 overall space. Tent is a 4x4, and cabinet is a 36” wide Rubbermaid.

2 Likes