Serrated and curling leaves

Plant is afghan auto flower
Went into flower 9/26 ish
Grow space is
2x6 tent indoor with one 450w and one 150w LED full spectrum light and CFL light.
Growing in soil (ocean forest 70% and organics 30% with added perlite
Stays between 79-86 degrees and normally about 50% rh but this week it’s dry here and the tent is at 35% or so.
Have not had to use any nutes yet just letting her eat from soil and the edges are spiking and tips are browning slightly.

Thank you out there!
Any advice would be appreciated!!!

My first thoughts your plant looks fine. In early flower still got a ways to go. Keep taking care of her.

1 Like

Looks good keep it going

2 Likes

Is there a fan blowing directly on them…?
That’s what it looks like…
Point the fan at the wall to make a vortex of air circulation …
Not directly at the plant’s… :wink:
Also , it looks like you need more light or you need to lower the light…:thinking:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I did have the fan directly at the plant making it dance.
I moved the fan today to create a better circulation.
Thank you

1 Like

Hey there @kellydans @Hogmaster @peachfuzz
Is it normal at this stage to see the fan leaves yellow out like this or does it look like I have an issue?
I did have a fungus gnat infestation that I hope is eradicated as you can see by the diatomaceous earth everywhere. This is the same plant as above.
I appreciate your help and knowledge!!!

1 Like

Also,
Nutes I have kept the Ppm close to 700 and both nutes and water going in at 6.4 ph
Runoff has been between 6.3 and 7.0 each time.

1 Like

My first thoughts looking at the plant needs a little NPK I see no signs of overfeeding . Your plant is in early flowering stage. Too early for the plant to be feeding off of itself normal to see this in late flowering stage. Happy growing

1 Like

Your overwatering and its causing the plant to yellow out from the bottom to the top…
Also explains why your having a nat issue…
Your killing your plant slowly…
Need to get your watering under control and then everything else will fall into place…:wink::+1:

1 Like

@Garagegrow
I feed (nutes) on Mondays, then skip a day, then 6.5 water the next day, skip a day & so on. BUT! You need to feel the weight of the plant when you pick it up. When the soil is dry, and it needs water, you’ll know by how heavy it is. Mark out a schedule on a calendar and keep track that way. Also good idea to keep notes in a binder too.

2 Likes

It makes sense but that’s what I do.
Even now I just dug down the side of the fiber bag and had to dig to within 2 inches of the ground to get moisture. The dirt for the first 4-5 inches is bone dry.
The pot is almost as light as when I water.

1 Like

Theres no real such thing as a watering schedule when your in soil…
Plants will drink more or less during certain stages of growth…
5 gallon pot will usually take 3 to 5 day’s before needing water again , depending on size of plant and what stage of growth…
I’m not picking on you , soil is tricky when it comes to watering…
Just by the look and size of the plant , it’s been an issue its whole life…
And the nat issues just prove that…
If you have a spare pot that is the same size and extra soil , fill it up with freash soil and see what that feels like when you pick it up…
You want it to almost feel that light before you water again…
When I was in soil , I would let my plant start to droop a little before I would water …
If you start to use this method , make sure to look at the plant 6 hours after lights on to be able to tell if they are thirsty , so your not fooled by it waking up or getting ready to fall asleep…:wink::+1:

1 Like

Didn’t think you were picking on me. All is good. I’m new and learning so I’ll take all the advice I can get !:call_me_hand:t3: And thank you for the help!!!
I use 3 gallon grow bags and they seem to hold moisture. Seems I’m only watering once a week at most. I usually soak the soil and get about 10% runnoff. It takes a little over 1/2 gallon or so to get there. Does that sound right ?

2 Likes

In a 3 gallon , yes that sounds about right…
Did you add any mycko’s or azzos or any kind of beneficial microbes to your soil…?
If not , I’m betting that your root mass is super small…
Plant has had a hard time developing correctly…
You might have been overwatering from the beginning and it’s led to stunted plant and root development…
Also , is this an auto…?

Yes I do use Great White mycorrhizae.
It is an Afghan auto flower.
Would I know if it’s too much water at once or too often? Does it matter?
If it is overwatering then probably has been from start. I’ve used the same determinations all along.
When it starts to feel light and look dry I dig with a finger down the edge and if it’s dry down 3 -4 inches, I would water.

I should add, this is my second plant and the first one while I got a small amount of bud it was very light and airy.
And yes, the root ball in that plant was small.

Hello @Hogmaster

And others as well
Wanted your thoughts as you’ve helped me in the past. Here she is now and not looking good. Any thoughts?