Self watering setup

I went with 2 per plant just in case, may be an overkill but like you said…how much do I have invested in my plants.

1 Like

They’re a solid investment and now you have them anytime you need them. Good call.

1 Like

very true, thank you so much for the advice!!

I guess literally never going on vacation anywhere has it’s advantages after all :roll_eyes:

1 Like

i had used this in the past when i was just getting started with good results. i knew i would eventually need to leave them so i did it long before i traveled so i got a chance to see it working. at first, i didnt even hook it up to the plants. i had two at the time so i ran it to two empty milk jugs so i could measure the output. like i said, it worked ok in a pinch. my plants were on the younger side. not sure how it would do if i were watering a gallon every 3 days.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) i now have a friend that tends them for me when i travel. it would be much more fortunate if he could follow instructions better, but hey, he works for weed, so, not all bad.

Amazon.com : DIY Micro Automatic Drip Irrigation Kit, Houseplants Self Watering System with 30-Day Digital Programmable Water Timer 5V USB Power Operation for Indoor Potted Plants Vacation Plant Watering [Gen 4] : Garden & Outdoor

1 Like

So just an update on what happened while I was gone. I ended up ordering Blumat original system. I put 2 spikes per plant and fed them into a gallon of water. I will note that the plants were almost ready for harvest when I left, but needed a week. I was gone for 10 days and well the results were not what I expected. The spikes did very little to keep them alive. Had the plants been in veg or early flower, they would have been ruined. Luckily they were ready for harvest and the drying out did very little to upset the trichomes and buds in general, just lots of crispy leaves to remove before hanging. The only thing I’m worried about is my light was operating on it’s normal timer and I heard that’s a big no-no when drying. All plants were harvested yesterday and hung up. The smell is amazing and the buds themselves are looking really good. I’ll keep you updated on the smoke after they sit in Grove Bags for a month.

I would consider having a friend come over and water them once if you are only gone for 7 days. Say on the 4th day you are gone. The plant will have dry soil for a day or 2 twice while you are gone, but it’s not going to hurt the plant. Give her a decent dose of nutes before you leave to tide her over and then your friend will only need to add plain water.

Ya unfortunately the only friends I trust to do so came with me on the trip.