Self watering setup

Has anyone experimented with this type of self watering setup? I’m giving it a go to see how it performs as I’m heading out of town for a week. Any suggestions welcome. Week 8 flower…not quite there yet

When are you heading out of town?

Edit: I moved this to a more appropriate section than Outdoor. Hope that is okay.

2 Likes

I suggest you have a friend check on it in a few days just in case this untested idea doesn’t work out.

1 Like

If you have time before you leave you can test it for a while but I would not leave all that beautiful bud to chance. I,too, would recruit a junior bud tender as well

1 Like

Ya I must have goofed. I’m headed out next Friday. There is a small chance they may be harvested and drying while I’m gone.

1 Like

I have it set up now to test it for a week or so. I don’t leave until next Friday.

1 Like

Interested to hear how it works out

1 Like

Lol me too. I’m not about to just set it and forget it haha

I’ve seen wicking setups before. Never used one myself. I have used various BluMat devices with success. You can get a 3-pack on Amazon for a small amount of money, and I’d setup all three.

Note that they can’t provide nutrient solutions, only water.

I thought about it and even designed a system. I ended up with a hefty amazon bill so I figured I’d go the cheap route. If all else fails, then I do have a buddy I can call if an absolute emergency.

They’re only $15. How much have you spent on that plant already?

1 Like

Lol you should use a sham-wow for the wick

That’s more a joke than a real suggestion btw
Those things look so gimmicky

True. Never heard of them but may go ahead and order some. I have 4 plants in flower in 2 separate tents. Just need to cover all my bases.

Hahahaha you had me thinking for a split second

I went ahead and ordered a set of Blumat to try out. But I’m still curious on the wicking system so I’ll let it be until the next watering. Then I’ll check the soil moisture and keep you all updated.

1 Like

I have used wicking systems successfully for short term. it is not ideal but should keep plants alive.

2 Likes

Just need them to make it about 10 days lol

I’m leaving Saturday for a week and I’m stressed out. I’ve got no one to check on my plants so I bought a small pond pump and some drip system stuff hooked up to a timer it only needs to work 2 times while I’m gone. Thought about using a wick system but went with the pump instead.

1 Like

You can get away with 1 per plant. The classics aren’t an ideal solution, but they will keep plants alive.

1 Like

I’m stressing as well but I’m kinda broke right now lol. I did order a pack of Blumat drippers to test out.

1 Like