Seem to be really stretching for light

About the best advice for what not to be cheap on is the light and the ph meter with reference solution to calibrate and check. These 2 things alone will keep you from having so many problems i was dumb and spent 3 x more with crappy lights and super cheap ph meter.
Good luck hope this helps you

3 Likes

Definitely need better lighting these guys here are going to take good care of you!!

1 Like

Thanks for the input I guess I’ll be looking to invest in these light that you’ll are talking but until then I’ll have to use what I got

would this be gud?

That one is a little small for 2x4 tent.

This would be better than the China light you are using, but you are getting a lower power light (only 192 LED vs 288 with the QB288) for more money because it is preassembled with all components. It would barley be enough for a 2x2 space.

Is your fear the DIY assembly of the light I was suggesting with the 288V1/w heatsink and the HLG120H-54A powersupply your issue. Trust me when I say it will not be too difficult to DIY assemble the light. We will help you through it and you save $$$$ in the process.

Specifications below

TOP FEATURES

• High efficiency Samsung LM301B LED
  • White Light Full Spectrum for better results
  • Reliable passive cooled design
  • Better canopy light penetration with diffused light
  • Non-Dimmable Meanwell Power Supply included with NEMA 1-15p plug

SPECIFICATIONS

Power 95 Watts
Voltage Range 90 VAC to 264 VAC
LED 192 pcs Samsung LM301B
Flowering Footprint 2’X2’
Veg Footprint 3’X3’
System Efficiency 170 Lm/W
System PPF Efficacy 2.45 μmol/joule
Total output 235 PPF
Dimensions 325mm X 280mm

Compare to the 288V1

135 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 powered with Samsung top bin Diodes. Suited for main light and supplement lighting.

Dimmable 60-150Watts
Veg Footprint 3x3 sqft
Recommended Flower Footprint 2x2 sqft
Max Flower Footprint 2x3 sqft

QB288 V1- 288pcs Samsung 561C

1 Like

No fear just finance as of right now I’ve been reading and everyone say I need a different light for flower stage and I can’t afford to buy a separate light so trying to get the best for the two stages not knocking what you are suggesting but I’m new and broke let’s just keep it real so I’m not trying to avoid what you’re sayingg just can’t do right now maybe next grow

If you buy the 288V1 setup (3500K) it would be all purpose (Veg and Flower) You would not need a second light at all.

And I know what you are saying. I got by also for my first grow. I just wish I made the initial investment for the right equipment rather than buy twice. I wish I sent my original light back and got the right light. Now I have a $150 paperweight.

My first grow I got 1-2oz very fluffy buds from my plant. With the board set-up I am suggesting you could be getting 8-10z or more.

So as of now I’ll use what I have a like I said I’ll go with the setup you suggesting on my next grow as I’m going to buy in pieces since I can’t afford it all at once

1 Like

Does location have a part in the process I live in mass u.s and it is currently 23 degrees so if the light I have puts out heat wouldn’t I need that to maintain a perfect grow temp without having to buy heater?

Your room temp indicate 83F. This is a bit high. You want below 80. In the other picture the temp is 63. This is almost perfect ~65. Temp likely would not be causing the stretch. Not to keep beating the drum. but inadequate lighting would cause the stretch. I am a Mass grower and grow as low of temp of 60 to as high as 85.

So when temp was 63 the tent was in basement with heater and wouldn’t get over 64 so move to spare room no heater and temp usually run bout 77 -80 the 83 was with no fan no that there’s a fan temp and humidity are gud I guess

as this pic was just taken

Temperature is good. Just don’t overwater. Microbial growth really takes off above 76F. Too much water will negatively effect the plants because of high anaerobic bacterial growth.

You might try to bring your light down to as close to the plant as you can. Watch for drying areas on the upper leaves indicating light burn.

She just was watered for the week

Plant looks healthy. What your plans for topping/fim/lst? You are almost ready to start the branching process.

That was going to be the next subject once I got the lighting down and since you are a Massachusetts grower I can really learn since ima Massachusetts resident so when should I start pruning and topping

I have a different set-up since I use DWC hydro but most will either top or FIM at the 5th full set of leaves. Looks like you used only 3 gal of the 5 gallon capacity so the longer stem initially may not be bad. You need to let your plant get out of the bucket a bit. What are you growing and what is your soil/medium mixture? What are your nutes you are planning?

It is blue hawiian I am using happy frog soil with flora series micro and bloom and nirvana 0-0-1the bucket is bout 4gal of the 5