Seeking opinions on what to do better

I believe these were Wedding Cake autoflowers germinated, four of five seeds, in the last week of July and planted on August 2. Now all but one has full flowered. They are three leaved though given the guide’s recommendation for nutrients during the veg state which only lasted 6 weeks. One plant flowered and leaves wilted two weeks before the others. Last of four still appears healthy. Just doesn’t seem the yield I’d anticipated from what I read on this strain.

• Strain:
  • Type (fem/auto/reg): autoflower Wedding Cake
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor): indoor
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): soil,
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir: 6-6.5
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS): 202020
  • Light type & schedule: 16 hours on
  • Temperatures day & night: 74-80
  • Humidity day & night: 40-60%
  • Ventilation: Fan lightly blowing leaves.
  • AC: Yes
  • Humidifier: no
  • De-humidifier: yes
  • Co2: no injection
1 Like

Hey welcome, there a lot of great people at this place, they can help.
Can you get some pic of each plant all kinda blend together.
What kind of soil? Light, tent or just indoor?
Also they look hungry? What nutrients line ?

2 Likes

LIke @Kingkupa said.Welcome to the community @PetePot. “Happy Growing”

Make and model of light?

Hi Folks, Thanks for the quick responses. This was an indoor but not tent set up with good airflow and about 40% humidity for the room. I used a pair of 150w full spectrum LED. At one point I saw light burn on the leaves so I’ve kept them about 8" to a foot above the tops. Amazon.com is the model. I used FoxFarm Ocean Forest FX14000 soil and no nutrients from sprout to 2 weeks in then the directions ratio of the J R Peters 52008 Jacks Classic 20-20-20 All Purpose Fertilizer.
Here’s some more pics indicating these gals all had 3 lobe leaves right from the start and a better view of what appeared to me (it’s been a long time since college) healthy plants and then at six weeks the flowering started.

1 Like

Better lighting would go a long way…

1 Like

Agree on better lighting, also look hungry. I would remove those dead leaves :love_you_gesture:

Thanks again, Folks. Lots of wisdom here I’ll put to use in my next batch. Got a Supercloset tent and rig coming for that, should address lighting and nutrient issues that way.

Here’s a leaf color (discolor?) on a 10 week old autoflower. Is this normal or another clue into what’s needed?

Thanks.

Several nutrient Deficiencies going on, macro and Micro. Calcium, potassium and phosphorus deficiency. You said you were feeding nutrients, how much?

I used Jack’s nutrient in the labeled per gallon mix that was putting first an ounce and then two ounces per plant every 12 hours. The plants were in airpots with nutrient enriched soil and I learned that you can’t put a lot of water in an airpot.
Nutrient mix - Amazon.com
Soil - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KVLYW9M

I’ve just started my second grow in a Superponics hydroponics tank with a lot more light and I’ve switched to the Lotus nutrients. https://lotusnutrients.com/

Thanks for your help.