Seeking Advice on an HLG light for 48x24x60 tent

@dbrn32

My wife has been bitten by the gardening bug.

Her birthday is coming up and after supporting my wonderful grow setups, she has decided she would like an AC Infinity 48x24x60 tent and HLG light for growing flowers and interesting house plants mainly through the winter but the plan is for year round use.

I plan on getting her some AC ventilation as well.

What I need help on is which HLG is correct for a 48x24x60 tent? For flowering house plants and tropicals? While also serving as a veg and flower light for autoflowers when it’s not in use?

Your advice, as usual, is greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

A HLG 260 xl rspec would work very well. If you want to absolutely max out the space, bump up to a HLG 320 rspec

7 Likes

Your a good husband! A lucky husband as well, lotsa growmie’s who’s ol lady is a roadblock instead of a supporter.

8 Likes

I’m lucky in that aspect as well. I grow because my wife asked me to.

8 Likes

Hard for a knights armor to shine brighter, then when bringing your beloved peace and well being.

5 Likes

Yup the 260 xl got me through my closet grows the 300 is equally good if your lazy and don’t mind paying a Lil more

4 Likes

Qb 260 xl like others suggested is probably way to go. If you don’t want to assemble, hlg-350r is latest and greatest, hlg-300L would also do.

1 Like

Xl if you don’t want to assemble. You can build the non xl for under 270. But you can also buy their kit atm for said light for under 300. Since codes diy10 or dude. Will drop it 10%. Covers more than tax and ship. Or you can just buy the panels/heatsink for 185, using same code/s. And a meanwell for $75 total. So 260. Plus the unnecessary connectors ($6). Power cord ($3). With the current sale tho I’d go with their kit, regardless of the minute savings. The xl is not as cheap. Is only a longer heatsink.

Guess it might be worth it… doesn’t really change anything if you’re only using one light in a tent. XL is better utilized in larger areas where there are additional lights. Otherwise I don’t think the footprint difference will help more than it hurts. Which is none. Without the potential for overlap. I’d prefer my light to be more concentrated, since a plant doesn’t compete with itself

2 Likes

I would also recommend a HLG 260XL or 320w kits and im in a AC infinity 4x2 with a 260xl kit and am doing amazing i run 3 photos at a time im currently in week 7 of flower and have nice dense buds and great light penetration just keep in mind when growing in a shorter tent like the 4x2 ac infinity you have to keep your plants a bit smaller if you have the money id suggest the 320w kit just more wattage and better full coverage

5 Likes

@BobbyDigital @Docnraq @dbrn32 @LiesGrows @GreenSnek @Budz

I truly appreciate you all taking the time to help me.

I just finished purchasing her gifts:
AC Infinity 48x24x60 tent
AC Infinity T6 duct fan with 8ft of 6" ducting
Rope hangers
HLG 350R light
An EarlyGrow domed progagator
Vivosun 20"x 48" Heat mat (aid in propagation, and winter heat help)

Turned in to birthday and Christmas gifts.

10 Likes

One healthy run will return your capital. She should love it!

7 Likes

Definitely a nice solid 1st set up for sure as @dbrn32 said you will definitely get your money worth within your first couple runs that 350r is amazing also used 3 in a 4x8 run on 8 girls with amazing results i would recommend something like a inkbird temp controller for your heat mat tho as if you just plug it in it will run at full power which can burn stuff up quick the inkburd controller allows you to set the temperature for the heat mat it works realy well

3 Likes

This is the same unit I use for my heatmat under my propagator

2 Likes

I love inkbird.

The vivosun heat mat came with a temp controller.

I also have extra equipment if she needs… Inkbird temp and humidity controllers, humidifier, pole fans, etc.

1 Like

You are going to like your tent
I have the 3x3x6 and it’s very sturdy

@Mr_Wormwood AC Infinity makes great products. I have two 4x4s… They blow away my old Vivosun and Opulent 4x4 tents… Thicker better quality poles, corners are welded nicely and have the rubber bottom to protect the tent, the tent material is thick and the inside diamond pattern helps provide great light coverage. Plus light proof… My other tents I had to seal with black silicone to get close to light proof.

1 Like

Yeah I love mine
It has a couple of pin holes but nothing major

1 Like

Even tho u ordered already if u look for more or diff check out northern scroggers dot com and check out their lights and tents. They have white lined tents if u r wanting white vs silver

1 Like