Seeking advice, nute burn or

What strain: Don’t know strain, seeds from friends hermie, photo
-Age of plant: 8 weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt
-Vessels: 5 gal Fabric
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor 2.5 x 5 x 6.5
-Light system: Vivosun 400watts/full spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule: 18/6
-Temps: Day 77-82, Night 71-76
-Humidity:Day 60-70, Night 45-55
-Ventilation system 6 inch/ 440cfm
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; No
Have a pretty healthy plant, in 8th week and looking to flip next week. Last week noticed the tips of the new leaves were white but now yellowing and new growth leaves are lighter green and lighter towards the stem. The soil for this plant was questionable mixed with some leftover FF, as it was a “lets see what happens” kinda deal and it had run off pH 6.7. It grew well with no problems didn’t feed until 4th week. I tend to be a conservative feeder until I see the need crank it up. Fed half recommended Maxigrow 10-5-14 week 4 and 5, ph’d water between feeding. half recommended Cal/Mag week 6. Week 7 and 8 half reccomended Maxibloom 5-15-14. The nute burn I have seen before was just brown tips and the leaves weren’t discolored. Seeking opinions and advice from those that know more than me.

6 Likes

Possibly over watering [the canoed leaves] along with nitrogen toxicity [the dark veins and burnt tips.

2 Likes

Newer rapid growth will sometimes come out lime green almost yellowish some times it will typically fill in with more green within a day or two you do have slight nute burnt tips but nothing id honestly worry about plant looks beautiful and healthy imo

5 Likes

Looks like very light nute burn. Just double check your ppm. Nothing serious at the moment.

4 Likes

What’s your run off PPMs and the 6.7 is at the top of the range for soil PH. Lighting height and intensity? My initial impression is PH with a magnesium deficiency. How often do you feed and the input PH/PPMs and do you feed to liberal run off :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

First impression is light intensity. Canoeing can be a sign she is decreasing leaf surface area to reduce the affect of too much light. New growth with lighter centers and overall paler color is not atypical.
Leaves can react similarly due to low humidity and high temps. This does not appear to be the case.

Is the light Vivosun VS4000 using 400 watts?

Overall she looks great. We’ll cross our fingers she doesn’t hermie. Be nice to her.

3 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood @MoeVeg305 @Mitsos4😊
Your plant looks beautiful @MoeVeg305 :blush::v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the happy place, they look very nice and healthy. Cant wait to see some of your close up bud shots.

1 Like

Welcome to you also, this is a great place to share your grow. So share some please and thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to our happy place. Where all your worries and problems of your grows, goes away. With so much knowledge around here.

1 Like

Watch it close. Seeds from hermie plants easily hermie themselves.

3 Likes

OK, I came into some free seeds but they were small and dark, not like the fat, green, viened seeds I remember, I didnt think they would germinate. They did, and I had more sprouts than room. Planted one in a 5 gallon bag that was half full of suspect soil, filled it up with FF. Figured I would see what the old soil was about when the roots hit it, whatever, after all, it was a freebie and surplus. Figured I would try and deal with the soil pH by pHing the water down some? To my suprise it kind of florished. I started watering/feeding to light run off week 5. My last watering(Fri) was my first to liberal runoff and the first time I checked TDS,… I’m thinking meter needed calibration when I read 7700??? Can a plant survive at that level without major issues? Can that even be flushed out? Should I just transplant it into some known good soil? How the hell it get that high anyway. My other plant is in 100% FF, same feeding/watering except this plant takes about a half gallon more to same run off; reads 1670, which is pretty high itself. So I’m pretty sure the issue is the soil. My lights have been at 2 feet at 80% for about 2 weeks now. Had to raise to bring it closer to exuast to help remove heat.I alternate watering/feeding every 3 days.

1 Like

Yes they rate the VS4000 at 400 watts. Pricey, though I see it’s like $100 less than when I brought mine last year. Doesn’t radiate to much heat downward but the controller mouted on top runs pretty hot at 80-100%, still cooler than incandescents.

1 Like

I’m confused though, I’ve read that hermie seeds can easily hermie. I have also read that is how seeds are feminized; pollenation by female pollen, so are the advertised feminized seeds just as susceptible?

That’s suspect and would calibrate for reassurance. I would also suspect the old soil had some left over salts from synthetic fertilizer plus the addition of the FF medium and 5 weeks before run off was done. A lot of salts and organic matter in the root zone until the run off was done. A rest flush to get those PPMs down will take a lot of PHd straight water with a 5 gallon pot, a transplant is also an option :love_you_gesture:

I looked at the PPFD map. It throws out some big numbers in the center depending on the height.

You were right about the light intensity. I turned up from 60 to 80% and raised the lights to 24" 2 weeks ago. I went back to 60% left them at 24" . I run 4pm to 10am, this morning probably 75% less canoeing. Guess I underestimated the intensity of the lights. I was looking for wilting or burn as far as light issues go.Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

the first time I put a plant under a new light, the plant had a similar reaction. The fun part is when it works for one plant and the next time it may not.

That was my first thought, I got a bigger tent after my last grow in a 5’ with the same light the plants did ok but it was obvious I was having a light issue because I didn’t want go below 80% flowering.

1 Like

Hoping the adjustments are what was needed and be able to keep rolling