Seeking advice . Not sure of the problem

1 Like

They look like the lights to far away. Very stretchy.

1 Like

The lights are six inches above the tops.

1 Like

What kind of light are you using?

1 Like

T5 HO eight tube, 40,000 lumens

1 Like

It does look stretched. That stem looks strange. Possible over watered and damping off? Hard to tell from the pics.

1 Like

I’d answer few questions.
Lights
Light cycle
Seed type and strain
Water schedule etc…
Trying nutrients yet
Soil
Temp/humidity
And then ring in some mentors. @MattyBear @dbrn32 @BigDaddyCain @elheffe702

4 Likes

My opinion would be like @GreenJewels. Little wet and looks stretched.

2 Likes

This is day 18. stem is not strong enough to hold the top up. one seems to be wilting.

1 Like

Less water . Will the stem catch up with the tops?

2 Likes

How often and how much are you watering? The seedlings don’t take much water. Definitely not water to run off or water directly next to stem. Pour water around it in an invisible circle about 1" away. Let it dry out pretty good before watering again.

5 Likes

One of the more seasoned pros will pop in shortly I’m sure

1 Like

Have been lightly misting twice a day.

1 Like

What soil are you using? Some soils like Coco retain moisture longer and take a lot less water.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 could you take a look.
If its just stretching, I’d bury the stem with more soil. If its damping off, doing that might make matters worse. I try to have a little fan blowing to help the stem gain strength. At this point, her stem is too weak. A fan would blow her down.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag J!

Welcome to ILGM @joep

So far all sound advice. She looks stretchy (low light intensity) not familiar with that bulb. But if you put ur hand under it (just above the plant) and its not warm, you could probably run it a bit closer. As the girls get older id definitely look into getting a stronger light. Just fyi…

And as @TXCanna (great advice on the watering in a circle away from the stem) n J pointed out, she is definitely dampening off. Overwatering a bit… ur soil looks appropriately wet. The problem is… the peat pellet!

These things leech and hold onto waaaay too much water. U see in the photo its extremely dark.

To fix, firstly bury that stem. Try to get at least halfway up to the bottom leaves. Further if possible. Then lightly mist the mound. Please avoid the stem. And from now, until she’s a more firmly established young lady, water around the ‘expected roots’. You want them to ‘chase’ the water and force root growth.

7 Likes

Welcome to ILGM @joep! @PurpNGold74 has you covered. That’s exactly the advice I would’ve given. I’d only add that some airflow to get the leaves to just flutter a little will give the stem a workout and strengthen the stem, once you’ve buried it some. She’ll be okay!

7 Likes

What size pot are you in at this time you are definitely over watering small plant in big pot will make it super easy to over water best time is to Let her dry out and if you are useing T5 lights you can put them like 5-8 inches away and don’t add nuits for atleast 3 weeks that is about the time veg will start and until then when you do water you want to water 6”in away from plant :seedling: you want her roots to go and search for the water it will cause the plant to strengthen up that stem so it can hold the plant and welcome to ilgm only dumb question is the one you don’t ask we are here to help beat we can

6 Likes

Lol @PurpNGold74 I just red the rest of what you said and I said same thing lol

3 Likes

No problem at all my guy. Just confirmation. U know im always up for a second opinion. :+1:t5::+1:t5:

3 Likes