Seeds slow to sprout

I soaked three White Widow female autos for 12 hours in water then transferred to paper towel method six days ago. Its been very hot and humid and Im not sure how well the temp/humidity was monitored. I put the plate into a 1 gallon bag (not closed) and then into a cardboard box. One of them has kind of sprouted but the other two are just barely peeking out. Nothing has changed for a couple of days. Any advice? Thanks so much. Im a newby and appreciate the help.

2 Likes

Plant them, @pollymex5000 great to see an original hippy on here :+1::kangaroo:
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

1 of 180

Print all

In new window

[ILGM Support Forum] Seeds slow to sprout

Inbox

x

Hungrybud via Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman’s I Love Growing Marijuana growingmarijuana@discoursemail.com

8:10 PM (8 minutes ago)

to me Unsubscribe

Hungrybud
August 15
Plant them, @pollymex5000 great to see an original hippy on here :+1::kangaroo:
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed WHITE WIDOW FEMALE AUTO FLOWER
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF SOIL
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths WILL BE USING 5 GALLON CLOTH BAGS AND RED BEER CUPS FOR SEEDLINGS
PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) 7%
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable NA AT THIS TIME
Indoor or Outdoor 3X3X6 GROW TENT INDOOR
Light system 1000W LED (NOT USING JUST YET AS IM STILL GERMINATING)
Temps; Day, Night AMBIENT FOR SEEDLINGS HAS BEEN ANYWEHRE FROM 70 TO 90 IN ATTIC
Humidity; Day, Night NOT SURE, VERY HUMID AND HOT IN ATTIC (I DO HAVE THERMOMETERS IN TENT)
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size 4" INLINE
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, JUST INLINE FAN 4", ONE MONKEY FAN AND ONE TABLE FAN
Co2; Yes, No NO
1 Like

I POSTED THESE WITH MY ORIGINAL POST, DID YOU GET THEM?

1 Like

I soaked mine for 24 hours then straight to final pot. 8 for 8 with seedlings in3 days

1 Like

What is “8 for 8” mean?

1 Like

Think I figured it out. 8 seeds

1 Like

8 seed germinated 8 seeds growing. Welcome to the group.

1 Like

Winner winner chicken dinner… plant them showing a tail. Are you breathing the bag once in a while…no white mold right…

1 Like

Yeah, iam new to growing, out of 8 seeds I’ve soaked, I’ve had 8 seedlings. I put them in water Sunday morning , then Monday morning I put them straight to soil pots , they all sprouted by Wednesday. First batch I did 4 , month later I did 4 more.

1 Like

The seeds weren’t doing anything after small taproots and 8 days. ILGM sending replacement seeds and we’ll start over. Just to make sure, 12-24 hrs soak in water (tap okay?), then to papertowels, not saturated but wet. Place between 2 plates and keep in the dark. WHAT IS BEST TEMP AND HUMIDITY FOR THIS TIME?, After they sprout roots long enough (1/4"), plant in soil less mix, water but not too much. TAP WATER OK?, Place them under light I’M USING 1000W LED, 18 hours on/6 hrs off., WHAT IS BEST TEMP & HUMIDITY FOR THESE EARLY DAYS?

THANKS. I FOUND A LOT OF TIPS, BUT THEY ALMOST ALL LEFT OUT SPECIFIC DETAILS.

Try going straight to soil, dont touch with hands, poke a small hole 1/4 inch deep with pen in soil, drop seed in cover lightly with soil, water then cover with clear solo cup, and wait, after 24 hours soak in water

Soak to seed starting method skip plate