Seeds in Rockwool

Plants in the hydro setup in 4x3 are looking sad. I’ve got some fans on the way but idk how long that’ll take.

Asking others to weigh in and see if the lack of airflow sounds like the culprit. Or if it’s partly just me not feeding enough? They still don’t have roots in the res water.

Photos (I know there’s bug damage - it’s being addressed via dead bug at lights out every night til it stops)

(lemon Tree clone)

Blueberry Auto

Frosted Jungle clone

And:

Purple Urkle

None of the soil plants have the same appearance which is why I think it may be nutrient related (Alpu auto is right under the same light as these hydro guys and looks great).

@Covertgrower @Underthestairs @Hellraiser

Am I overlooking something super stupid obvious?

Temps btw are 75° w/ RH at 43-45% down where they’re at. Exhaust fan is enough to create negative pressure. I have the mesh vent open nearest the plants.

2 Likes

Oh boy. I’ve also got another new one. Legitimate bronze spotting on Lemon Tree Jr.

Only seems to be happening towards the top of the plant (?).

Ph is 5.5, tds is 1830ppms directly measured from LTJ’s reservoir bucket

2 Likes

Update: did some reading, added the tiniest splash (1 tsp) of CalMag to my reservoir and raised the PH to 5.8 by adding a gallon of filtered tap water (PH 8.1). Apparently magnesium isn’t absorbed below 5.8, and bronze/rust spots are a sign of either lock out or deficiency. I am assuming it’s both insufficient PH to absorb the mag and not enough in the res - my Jack’s 321 is in a gallon jug and I will be the first to admit that I didn’t do the best job dissolving the Epsom salts (cleverly where the mag is).

Hoping this is the solution, but if it progresses I know I f’ed up and still need help.

Didn’t resolve the issue in the 4x3 though.

1 Like

I was going to suggest it’s that, or possibly the leaves looking a bit frumpy from the captain Jack’s. I normally spray just before lights out. But they’re on for 5 mins or so while I’m working with them. I’ve had similar looks to mine as well. I don’t dim my lights while I’m doing it. Could be a possibility.

3 Likes

I also was thinking pH up a pinch because it looked CalMag deficient. Diagnosing isn’t my string suit, especially in hydro, so I would’ve made the suggestion and recommended waiting on confirmation :rofl:

I think you’re headed in the right direction

3 Likes

Does that sound plausible for the little ones in the 4x3? Because I definitely wasn’t careful about the lights in there - the 6/2 made it impossible to spray with lights off - somehow I was always around right between two and four hours left of lights on no matter when I tried to catch em. I moved the little plants out into the dark bedroom to dry but the 4 in water dont move easily so I didn’t bother.

Phew. Glad I’m probably headed the right direction. :laughing: reading a bunch is great but somehow still nerve wracking when it’s a new problem encountered

Thank you both for weighing in. :v:

3 Likes

Hey @Nicky - pretend you’ve got $200 (assuming about $150 in lights and $50 in shipping but that part isn’t critical) and a 4x4 tent that could really use side-mounted lights to help the lower buds get more light. Which array of KingBrites do you end up with? :rofl:

1 Like

Short update tonight: got the water chiller and got it connected.

I’ve had it plugged in for 25 minutes. Temp was 73° when I plugged it in. It’s on a steady down, not overwhelmingly fast but it’s getting me there.

May need to ditch Lemon Tree Jr. for being male… herm… ? I dunno. It has a bunch of pistils but I’m nervous as hell about it so it’s probably going in the trash.

2 Likes

Chucked Lemon Tree Jr.
the balls were undeniable this morning.

(S)he’s in my garage waiting to wilt enough that I can throw her into a bag. Too big right now without running some major risk of pollen shaking. Thankfully I caught it early and Lemon Tree OG is still just vibing. She’s got some pistils starting to amber but all the trichomes are coming out in full force. It’s another feed night (god, already?) and I’m gonna be heavy handed with the MKP. It’s bud building time.

Gelato looks like she’s trying to decide if she’s nearly done or has another two weeks in her.

I’ll post photos tonight - running late for work already and can’t imagine explaining a herm cannabis plant to the boss.

1 Like

I also just looked up approx how long Lemon Tree flowers for - 60-80 days. :joy: I hope she’s done stretching and is ready to bulk up. I don’t think she’s gotten any taller but frick man - she ain’t got much room if she wanted to!

At least she makes the space look not so lonely without LTJ.

2 Likes

Careful, they’ll still blow pollen, and I’ve had males do that as a last ditch effort as they wilt.

2 Likes

That’s why it’s on the opposite side of the house in a closed room. I figure I bag it, change my clothes and wash my hands, and act like it never happened.

2 Likes

Okay, sometimes you just never know… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Did I say Lemon Tree gets 2 gal of water? Cuz right now I’m giving her a third and barely getting runoff. My pup and I are enjoying feeding time.

Also holy moly I feel like she pretty much lollipopped herself, prioritized the buds up top and let the lower stuff fall off like it was nothing. I’ve obviously got a little cleanup to do but honestly I’m more worried about getting a net or some yo-yos situated to support those colas. Did I already mention I’ve got 45 more days of growth on this beast (at a minimum)

2 Likes

So last night unbeknownst to me, my dog helped himself to the bottom of the pitcher I used to feed Lemon Tree. His lips and gums got awful swollen, but otherwise was 100% fine. My wife took some pictures, I’ll have to upload them later, it’s a good laugh. He’s back to normal today after some doggie benedryl and a restless night of watching over him.

Today is 4x3 update Day. I’m wondering if I’m going to regret sacrificing the two autos to the same planter - neither one is dead and they both have very confused new growth.
GDPxGumberry

Alpujarreña

Alpu #2 - i topped her a couple days ago cuz she seemed big enough.

Frosted Jungle sexing it up and needing to be tied down.

Blueberry auto, I fimmed this one, seemed too late to top.

LT’s first clone grow out.

And Purple Urkle the dreaded regular seed (only potential for a male in these ones)

2 Likes

In the 4x3 divided bit, the others:
Purple Urkle soil edition

Lemon Tree Clone soil edition

Lemon Tree clonesx3
My brother told me yesterday he’d still like one - glad I left her in the root cube and didn’t move her into soil.

The other 4, featuring the CBD 20:1 and the Afghan seed, both slow to start but that makes me optimistic.

I got a small USB powered fan blowing air around. They seem happier already. I have two more desk fans waiting for me at work, too.

2 Likes

4x4 - Lights just turned on and it’s already so hot.

LT is a champ though.

Gelato coming along;

That’s all for now!

3 Likes

@iDontKnowGrow over here. :v:

3 Likes

Oh ok yeah I’m keeping up to date on this one thnx

2 Likes

So today I hit up the hydro store for some PH calibration solution and ended up leaving with some molasses and Citrus Sweet for my Lemon Tree.

Here’s Gelato and LT pre-sweeteners.

I’m curious what will happen in terms of frostiness over the next few weeks. I also ordered a couple UV bars from KingBrite, won’t see them for a couple weeks but I figure they’ll be around in full force next grow. I can also pick up a Gavita UV bar at my hydro shop but prefer to wait one more paycheck and pick up the HLG.

4 Likes