Seeds in my plants

I found 3 seeds in 3 separate plants last night. Week 5 of flower is today.

I had a herm from old bag seed fertilize my last batch at week 5 also. I made sure to only use known fem seeds (from this website) this go round as to avoid the notion of a hermaphodite popping up. It makes me feel like I need to give them the chop. Again. Starting to get a little discouraged to say the least. Am I combing the canopy with too much scrutiny or is this whole thing starting to seed out like it did the last time?

1 Like

How’s your growing conditions? Temp, air flow, etc… If it’s just a seed or two maybe not much to worry about as long as they haven’t pollinated the rest it the plant. Maybe @Covertgrower can share some input more informative than mine.

Temps been regulated. It’s gotten as high as 90°when the dehumidifier is running. But if it is that high, I just open up the door. 3 fans with great airflow and the humidity is like 45% and maybe 60% in the dark when the humidifier is off.

Unfortunately feminized seeds are made from hermaphrodite plants. That being said sometimes the genetics get a skewed. Sometimes It happens. I prefer regular seeds personally I still have fem seeds, but there’s always Some risk.

Could be environment too.

2 Likes

Some strains are known for going Hermes like cherry pie

2 Likes

That’s good to know. I need to do more research. Still in my first year of this madness. But that makes sense.

2 Likes

Grier journal for the Plants I’m referring to.

1 Like

One more piece of the puzzle. I’m a beginner and spent over 50 hours in here reading so far. Seen more than once it mentioned to be sure of no light leaks during 12/12 dark time. Some say even briefly can cause plants to either go back into veg or turn into hermes. Don’t take my word for it just passing on what I’ve read.

1 Like

I’ve read and heard about this. I’m not going to discount it, but if that was the case, most outdoor grows would be foiled by the moon and it’s light during dark hours. My room is windowless and in a basement. There’s no light getting into that room so it’s one of the least likely possibilities.

1 Like

I’ve read the moon is a different type of light so doesn’t affect them but good info to know

1 Like

I’ve had plants hermie on me. Lights from my inkbird, my extension lead and my heater caused it, nanners all over the place :pleading_face:. Stress is another factor. The moon isn’t an issue due to light wavelength or something like it, can’t remember exactly (it’s on here somewhere about it)

3 Likes

Sure. The moon is reflective of the suns light. So it’s then indirect? That’s out of my knowledgesphere

1 Like

I could see how the moon being reflective wouldn’t affect it. But then I wonder about lightning :cloud_with_lightning:. Especially if it’s close.

1 Like

I like this word and have decided to borrow it :joy:

Which thread am I on again?
Who said brownie for breakfast was a good idea, oh yeah me…:joy:

Good vibes and good luck :v:

3 Likes

A friend told me to stay away from Blueberry, Kush,and Gorilla glue Strains while I’m a newbie. Because they are notorious for going hermie. How true is this?

1 Like

Lightning is only on for milliseconds :slight_smile: but street lights and such, I just had a post, light leak = seed weed how my plant had male flowers. Turns out somehow my light timer got bumped and the lights were coming on for 15 mins in middle of plant dark time for the last couple of weeks, I’ve found five male flowers, and knew seeds were growing but just found out why last night… too late but I’ve smoked a lot of seed weed lol

3 Likes

@Dennis62, thank you for this post, you have reminded me to double check my timers,
mid flower don’t want any screw ups now

2 Likes

Looks like I’m about to attest doing the same thing again.

1 Like