Seeds have not popped yet

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

So I germinated 4 blueberry and 4 northern lights seeds by soaking in water just like the germinating pdf file said. It’s been over a day and a half now and all 8 seeds have not popped yet, also all 8 seeds were floating and then sunk to the bottom of the water. I went ahead and planted the seeds even though they were not popped following the instructions. They are 4 inches away from 55 watt t5 lights. Just wanted to know what you guys thought or if there was something else I can do. I’ve never worked with auto flower seeds so im not sure if any of this is normal. Thank you and let me know if you need more info

I usually give them a week once they have been placed in whatever medium you are using.

Depth of seed placement can also determine how long it may take to emerge…

6 Likes

any were from 24-28 hours to germinate some times 72 hrs. light distance is OK once in soil might take a week to sprout; Her is the growth cycle for marijuana:

Germination stage - 7-14 days (generally 2-3 days to sprout)(mean’s they have sprouted and popped above soil)
Seedling Stage - 1-2 weeks
Vegation stage - 1-3 mo’s (depends on strain - 30 days is the norm)
Pre-flower stage - 1-2 weeks (after you go to 12/12 to when sign of new bud sites)
Flower Stage) - 1-4 mo’s (depends on strain) 2 mo’s is the norm

Hope this helps

1 Like