Seeds every single time

I began about 18 months ago. I’m on my 5th or 6th attempt and I’ve got seeds again. I’ve heard about light leaks forever, but there isn’t one. I’ve stood in the room (closet) and the only light I’ve seen in there is when one specific light in the main room is on, but I only see the light up above the door frame and only when I put my hand up in front of it. There’s no possible way that light touches any plants. I’ve had minor bug bothers, but There’s like 7 dead bugs stuck to a sticky trap I put in there 2 weeks ago. I’ve stayed on top of those issues.
I’m so damn frustrated. I’ve scrapped so many plants. I’m almost to week 4 of flower and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong anymore. Just seeds every damn time. :rage:

• What strain: I❤️GM Amnesia haze
  • Method: FFOF & the trio
  • Vessels: 5G plastic menards joints
  • PH of Water: between 6.5 & 7.0 (although almost always in the 6.65 - 6.8 range
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable : I’ve flushed twice since the start, but not for about 2 weeks
  • Indoor
  • Light system: 2 HLG 260 XL’s
  • Temps; Day-75° Night- 70°
  • Humidity; 40-67% depending on if it’s a day I watered or it
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 4" fan and hanging filter.
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: no
  • Co2; No

Please help me. I’m tired of incomplete grows.

What is your light schedule and when did you transition? Parameters all look okay. High stress will cause hermaphrodites but not seeing anything that could be responsible, based on your input.

2 Likes

Can you show some pics of the plants in the grow room? Just to add to @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

That sucks but even with seeds you can get decent smoke. Everything seems to be in check. Whats the distance the lights are from the canopy and are they on full strength the entire grow? And can you take a pic of the plant that has seeds already at week 4? One last thing to ask. If you cured your buds and found the seeds. Did you clean the tent after the grow to ensure you killed any pollen left inside?

2 Likes

This is from about a week and a half ago when I put the net in. It’s dark in there for another 45 minutes.

1 Like

Just starting to form, so I clipped the branch this morning. Just mad at it :rage: not sure if it translates well on this camera.

1 Like

1 Like

Potentiometer/adjustments in the meanwells so I had them on low for most of the veg. Went half way until flower then got it up to full strength about week 2 or so.

@Holmes @Covertgrower get some more opinions an inputs.

3 Likes

Looks like seeds.

3 Likes

I painted the room after the last time. I bought a new box fan that’s hanging from the ceiling. Washed the fabric covering the filter. Then went ape shit on the bleach in the room. Top to bottom.

Lights are off 8:15am-8:15pm. Just a straight 12. I put them in the dark for about 38 hours switching from 18/6 to 12/12.

I’ve been reading and commenting on these forums since last August. I’ve been able to troubleshoot most of my issues. It is just a plague I can’t shake…

2 Likes

Is the whole plant seeded or just in certain areas? How are you recording temps and RH?

1 Like

Just in a handful of areas.

Just a guess, but I bet one or more of your plants hermied. I never heard of this when I was growing 20 years ago. Now - reading this forum - seems like a “partial” hermie is not all that uncommon. I caught a few plants this grow that literally - one bud site on a 3 foot plant grew balls 2 weeks into flowering. Very hard to monitor all parts of all plants in my tent.

That’s my assumption too. But there’s ALWAYS one. I don’t ever hear about this same problem in grow after grow after grow. You be probably put 50 plant in sort and only had three make it all the way to full harvest.

I would black this out.

3 Likes

Is there actually a seed forming in there, or are they just swollen calyx hoping to get fertilized with pollen?

Just asking because I see similar things forming when plants begin foxtailing and that doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve been pollinated. Just genetics.

1 Like

I’ve seen that too and panicked before. So I’m trying to be patient. The branch I clipped had harder substances in the “calyx”. I’ve squished many calyx before, unnecessarily. So I just clipped the branch and will continue forward. Hopefully I’m overblowing it, but seeds have plagued me in the past.

I will do that. I stood in the room for a good 10 minutes adjusting to the blackness, and it’s still so little actual light. It would defy all logic to me if this was truly the reason I have issues each time. If that was the case, would a street light or porch light ruin an outdoor grow for the same reason? Most of it seems illogical, then again, I’m trying to decipher plant language so who’s really the illogical one here…

1 Like