Seeds Being Female?

Good deal! And yes i always see how far my ladies can go before they demand another drink. Fairly often in veg i go 5-6 days between watering. But i always saturate the whole pot. Get waaay more then 30% runoff before i put em back in the closet

@PurpNGold74 Seems my pecker Gnat problem is about 95% contained now! Finally! Seeing very, very, few adults now. Gonna let the soil dry for 2-3 more days and treat again. Hopefully that will knock them out completely!? Other than that all seems to be on track for a X-Mas harvest! Yee Haw, that’s gonna be one hellava X-Mas present! I’m ready for that for sure!!!

Gilly

Haha congrats :champagne: on losing a serious PITA pest. :beers: to a bountiful harvest

@PurpNGold74 What up my man? Big Girl and the Twins are look’in good my man! Big Girl is gonna have mega bud sites for sure! The Twins will have plenty as well. I let the soil dry for 6 days (I think) and this morning gave them all another blast of Gnatrol along with some nitrogen and Calcium\Magnesium! Now another drying period and retreat with Gnatrol again. I wanna be absolutely sure all those little bastards have been TERMINATED!!! I’m still 27" from my light so I’m gonna let all 3 veg till the 1st day of November and then throw the switch to 12/12! This should leave me plenty of room for the “stretch” after flipping my light to the flowering stage! If by chance Big Girl grows too close to the light I will just tie her back to avoid light burn at the top of her! My goal is to net 10 ounces (or more) of dried/cured bud! That will be more than enough to tie me over till the next crop is done! Can’t wait!

Gilly
PS / I’ll get some recent pics up later today!

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Here’s a few pics of Big Girl and the Twins!

Gilly

3 Likes

My my my how they’ve grown! Big girl is really outgrowing the net. You could probably get away with her alone in it vegged another week then flipped

@PurpNGold74 That’s the plan my man! Big Girl has been in veg for 82 days now! (almost 12 weeks) She does have mega bud sites though! Come 11/1/2019 I’m gonna throw the switch to 12/12 ! Hopefully by years end I will have some smoke ready to dry and cure. At least it will be legal here come 1/1/2020 !!! Never thought it would happen here in my lifetime but it is. Still can’t grow unless you have a medical marijuana card (which I don’t have but who’s gonna know) but I don’t see that stopping me! Come spring I’m gonna put a couple girls outside and go for the Mega harvest! I have the perfect spot in my back yard that is totally secluded. I put up a new vinyl privacy fence this summer and no one can see in or out! My only 2 neighbors are cool also so that won’t be a problem either!

Gilly
PS / I’m still 26" from my light so there should be enough room for the final stretch!

Im guessing ur net is there more for support then to scrog? If yes then that 26 inches will be used. If u wanna truly even canopy, u wont really need much upper height. But ull prob be pretty tight on space tryna keep everything net height

@PurpNGold74 I may be wrong but I just don’t see these girls stretching 26". My 1st grow was AK-47 (same tent) and I didn’t top. Not even once. I had 4 plants and I put them in 5 gallon buckets and vegged them for 10 weeks and flowered for 10 weeks and still had more than enough room up top. At least this time I’ve topped several times. I think all will be good. Time will tell. This is only my 4th grow so there is still a lot to learn and try!

Gilly

O no. Didnt mean theyd go straight up. Just noticed how u have the back corner. Gonna run out of net and nowhere to go but up. And that kinda hurts the scrog effect (for that plant). The object is to have an even top of canopy. Not half 2 inches higher. Either way looks great and not criticizing, just an observation

These two will have uniform sized buds everywhere

This one the back left will have more definite colas and the lower right will be more ‘second tier’ buds. But still good enough to jar (not fluff nor popcorn)

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 No offense taken. I’ll probably get more serious about my next grow. If I have to I can always cut my net (only $4) enough to move her as needed. The 1 Twin ur referring to is the 1 I topped but never “took” for some reason? (never “Y’d” out ) By the time I realized it it was just starting to grow through the net so I topped it at that point and this is what happened. Oh well, live and learn! Let’s see some pics of ur grow my man! Have you been growing for a while now or just getting started? Like I said, this is just my 4th grow. The way I see it, anything I get from harvest is all the less I would hafta buy! I haven’t spent a dime on weed for over 3 years now. That equates to a few thousand dollars saved!!!

Gilly
PS / If I have to I will tie up and stake bud stems as needed to keep them upright!

This is grow 3.5.
Grow 1 was a bust. Got 30 grams tops.
Grow 2 was my coming out party. 3-400 grams from 4-5 plants. Loved it
Grow 3 was my most expensive. Like 20 high grade seeds and had to throw everything away for… legal issues. In like week 2-3
So here i am at grow 3.5. 6 strains. Should be finishing up in the next month.

Grow 4 is already started. 3 Kings Banner 13, 3 Harliqueen, 3 Lucky Widow, and an Auto Zhittlez.

O and a White Widow Auto that just started flowering for the layoff between the 2

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Look’in fantastic my man! Let me know when its ready and I’ll come visit for a couple weeks! Lol! Hope everything turns out good for ya! Like I said, live and learn!:+1::crazy_face:

Thanks thanks! Appreciate the chance to show em off. Hope i can make 4 so much better

@PurpNGold74 Trimmed 2 BIG handfuls of lower vegetation last night. Today I’m gonna try my best ta get in there and tie down as many branches as possible without breaking them off. That would really sucka big’n! Then, here in a couple more days I’m gonna give them girls 1 last blast of nitrogen and another blast of Gnatrol! Seems ta be working! The sticky fly paper thingy’s are really do’in the job also! I figure between the Gnatrol and the sticky paper I should get 100% kill! Not really seeing any the last few days! The way I see it, the Gnatrol should kill the eggs and the sticky paper should keep the adults from laying eggs! What 1 doesn’t kill the other should take care of. 5 more days and my light is gonna go to 12/12. This is the stage I like, watching them buds grow! I can’t wait! I’m about outta smoke so I’ll have time to clean out for a while before this harvest is ready ta smoke. Once its ready…………watch out! That 1st high after a good clean out will be KILLER!!! ( I’m ready for it too!!!)

Gilly

1 Like

The girls are looking yummy. :+1:

@PurpNGold74 Well my man, I just throwed the light switch to 12/12, The Gnats have been terminated and its now time to watch them buds grow! Man o man I can’t wait till its ready ta smoke! Moving the operation upstairs from the basement definitely has its advantages! Mainly not having ta climb those damn stairs every day! My back can’t take that $h!t! Everything is look’in great and going according to plan! Hopefully in 8-9 weeks I’ll be ready to cut and hang! Then the curing process. Of course you know I’ll give it try before its completely cured but who doesn’t huh!? I may be wrong though? F’n snowed here this morning! I HATE THE SNOW and THE COLD!!! Geeeeee whiz, now theres 5 months of this to look forward to! Good thing the girls will be done soon or I would go F’n nuts locked up in the house!!! I’ll get some recent pics up tomorrow maybe.

Gilly

1 Like

Im freezing and its in the 40s here. Congrats on the next stage. More like 10-11 weeks. Transition first :joy:. But soon!

@PurpNGold74 Got down to 29* last night!!! Buuurrrr!!! I F’n hate this time of year! Anyway’s, heres the pics I promised. Big Girl is 92 days from seed and the Twins are 62 days from seed. Now on their way to growing those big beautiful buds!

Gilly

5 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Well man, the girls are starting to get fuzzy’s at the bud sites and the “stretch” is on! Still have plenty of room vertical wise. The Pecker Gnat problem is 100% resolved now! Finally! I’m truly amazed at Big Girls size considering that she is almost 100 days old from seed!!! All that topping worked out to my advantage in keeping her short and bushy. I’m about out of smoke so they can’t be ready soon enough!!! Oh well, that will give me about 6-7 weeks to clean out! Lord knows I need it!

Gilly

1 Like