Seeds began excellently and now I have a deficiency

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thank

Seeds began excellently and now I have a deficiency . Gold leaf and Bruce Banner.
Attached are the pics. Can you please advise what to do.
Kind RegardsIMG_0453

3 Likes

what is your ph… looks like a nute lock situation. You should join the forum and we can all help out … what size pots?
If you would fill out a support ticket and well get ya going again.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

4 Likes

Definitely a lockout as @Sasquatch stated. Join us here as there are lots of great experienced growers here very willing to help. Please fill out a support ticket & we can better help your girls grow Big!

1 Like

Gold leaf and Bruce Banner.

AK 48, Liberty Haze, Critical Kush, Jock Horror, Charlotte’s Web are also in the same room all healthy.

Age about 1 month.

50/50 coco/perlite , Pot size 15L

Watering when the pots feel light . Perhaps every 2 days.

Tank EC 12-16 PH 6

Run off EC was 3 and ph much the same at 6

No Co2

Indoor.

day temp 26 night 20

humidity from 40 to 60%, sometimes as low as 37%

Light size is a 1000w king Spectrum Led and just added another 1000 hps to see if that will give them a kick, No difference… No aircon or de-humidifier. lights are a good metre from tops of plants, maybe more.

I have other plants in the same room which a growing perfect. Used this room for cloning and veg, had no problems.in the past.

Actions to date.

Have flushed a few of the plants and then treated with calcinit and magnesium. Have also began foliar spraying with Grotek Cal -Max. Seems to be a slight difference today. Hard to tell…

2 Likes

I think there are a few things going on here. Your Ph is a little high for coco, you should try to get it closer to 5.8. That could be causing lockout of nutrients.

3 Likes

Will drop it to 5.8 , consider that done.

2 Likes

@raustin is right. With a soilless Grow you need lower ph. The cal mag will also help. Different strains may be more or less susceptible to calcium deficiency so watch them all. The yellowing with brown spots is mag usually.

4 Likes

Have just feed them 5.8 and ec 14.

Am using cal mag also.

Hope these come right asap

2 Likes

I normally buffer everything with Calcinit from Yarra. Where I live in NZ is one of the largest tomato growing regions and they grow in Coco and buffer with calcinit. Because I didn’t do that this time I’ve come up with this problem. I just want to save them.

1 Like

You should also be watering every day to about a 20% run off with coco to prevent salt build ups.That will help prevent nute lock outs. Letting coco dry out will build up salts in the coco. A 5.8 - 5.9 should get you back in the game.

@sifu

Just what I thought when I saw your pic’s. And Thank You @Sasquatch for posting that Support Ticket cause that confirmed what I thought it was.

Your burning them up with those lights, those lights are used for flower not for vegging your plants. If you can switch to a lower light or move them way up there… Your leaves won’t recover but you will start to see new growth and after a week or more you can take the damaged leafs off.

Will

3 Likes

Appreciate all comments, And in this case ypu could be correct. But why are other planet thriving in the same room?

I know about the 15% run off rule. But thanks for your comment.

Cheers

1 Like

@sifu

Because depending on where the plants were to the light. Some got it worse than the others…
Just a thought…

Will

Its not the light.
Definitely to
do with nutrients. Little change today but nothing significant yet.

@garrigan62

Turned off the HPS.

Have also moved 1 plant to another room about 1 week ago. No change. I have my doubts whether these will fully recover. Sometimes I believe when I get a strain from Northern Hemisphere and bring it down here they can take 3-6 months to climatize. Thoughts?

I’m wondering whether I should give one a mega dose of magnesium? Or just let them try and slowly recover.

Annoyed by this happening.

I would keep with what you have done so far and see how it goes. You moved the lights, added cal mag and adjusted ph. That’s a lot for them. They should start showing improvement with new growth like @garrigan62 said.

Hi Stomper,

Today I can see a huge difference. I guess now is to just let them recover in peace and not try to do anything else. Noticed to the pots have quite alot of weight in them so won’t be watering till they are near dry.

I think that Cal-Max from Grotek is working well.

https://grotek.com/product-detail/cal-max/

Would like to thank everyone here for their advice. Thank you and much appreciated.

Can anyone suggest another high yield strain?

![IMG_0002|666x500

2 Likes

I have heard white widow and Blue Dream are supposed to do well. I did pretty good with the B.D. autos my self.

Thanks man. Will have a look.