Seedlings with Happy Frog and Ocean Forest

Hey Grow Fam, my question is about my mix. I’ve been starting my seeds in Root Riot plugs in a humidity dome. When I transfer them to solo cups I use a half and half mix of FF H/F & O/F along with some earthworm amendment and deca earth. Watered with approx. 16 oz. RO at 6.5 pH with half a scoop of Great White and 3mL of Clonex. They also get about 1400 ppm of CO2. I’ve heard that FF O/F can be a bit much for seedlings and should be used later in the grow. Is this the possible cause of the issues with the 2 Pineapple Expresses? They always seem to get through it, but most of my girls have started out like this lately. Thanks I’m advance for the advice. Absolutely love this community!!

3 Likes

Try not to let your leaves get wet when light is on, will burn n curl n twist them leaves like no other… But looking nice. An yes oceans forest is strong for seedlings happy is perfect… Lookin good tho

2 Likes

If it works for you keep using it. The Pineapple Express looks to have some brown spots? Is that water burn.

1 Like

Probably,or could b beginning of deficiency… But most likely yea they got wet while light was on n water magnifys the light intensity so deff could be…an wait till ur zkittles gets lil bigger goinftake off

2 Likes

What is your final grow medium @KnUcKLzBcHuBBy

I was planning on eventually finishing them in 3 gallon pots with the same half and half mix if that seems advisable. Any suggestions? Should I finish in a straight Ocean Forest? Also, I have the general hydroponics trio and CalMag for nutes when they need it.

1 Like

Yeah, I may have gotten the leaves wet and didn’t notice.

Using either happy frog or ocean Forrest, you shouldn’t need any nutes for 4-5 weeks. By that time you should be watering to run off. Test run off with TDS meter. That will tell ya when she needs the nutes.
Happy growing!

5 Likes

Yup. After the solo cups, id go into straight OF. The happy frog has a bit better rooting benefits but the OF has more snacks for growing plants

2 Likes

Respect! Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I’m using the same exact soils. I just introduced Fishbone Meal, and Organic Brewer’s Yeast 5 tsp in 1.3 gallons of unchlorinated water. I will start the black strap unsulphered mollases shortly. These feminized Purple Alien Lady’s are 4 weeks old. They smell amazing already.

3 Likes

@AngryPossum They look great. Are those 5 gal. fabric pots?

1 Like

Thanks and yes they are very healthy.
They are 7 gallon grow bags. I’m switching to 15 gallon shortly.

1 Like

i think im kind of having the same issues perhaps

16 oz is too much for those little things. co2 is a little much for them also unless you have a sun in your setup.