Seedlings stunted

Ordered 21 feminized seeds of strawberry kush, blueberry, and Pineapple Express. Germinated fine in windowsill, but as soon as transplanted into grow room began to show signs of stress and stopped developing. Older leaves yellow and die while younger leaves struggle to grow. Older leaves die at the same rate the new leaves grow so the result is seedlings that haven’t grown in over a month, but also won’t die. 2 seedlings somehow developed real leaves and took off but the rest are in the same state. No nutrients were added to soil, watered daily once soil is dry one inch deep, and I occasionally spray with an NSAID solution to counter inflammation. Light is a 1000 watt equivalent LED which generates enough heat to push the grow tent above 80 degrees regularly. This elevated temp is the only thing I can think of that could be causing the issue. Any thoughts?
strain: indica/hybrid feminized
How many plants: 21
Age from Sprout: 5 weeks

Soil in pots: 25% pearlite, 75% nutrient free miracle grow potting soil. Hand mixed
-lightly watered daily once soil is dry one inch down.
PH of runoff solution is 7.2

No nutrients used

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent: 10x8x6 Mylar siding

Light system, size and height from plants: two 500 true watt led full spectrum 25 inches from plants

Temps; Day, Night: day: 80 degrees, night:60 degrees (Fahrenheit)
Humidity; Day, Night: humidity generally at 45%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: one in line duct fan

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: none

1 Like

What soil are you using?
What is the PH of your water?
And exactly what light do you have and how far away from the canopy?

3 Likes

Mix of nutrient-free potting soil (75%) and 25% pearite. Water pH is slightly alkaline according to pH meter (7.2) using 2 of these lights 20 inches from plants: VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ETLC7M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0bsfAbJ14KNQW

1 Like

this is one of my autoflowers that finally got over it and took off, and even it is beginning to look bad

2 Likes

Seeing a few things here.

First your PH is to high. Its needs to be around the 6.5 range which leads to #2.
What is your soil? Is this something you mixed yourself? Or a off the self mix that you added perlite to? I’m seeing nute burn but you say you haven’t added any. Looks like it might be a hot mix soil? Can you take a picture of the ingredients of the soil, or at least list them here?
Your two lights are giving you over 500 true watts so 18" is way to close. I would raise them to at least 25", possibly maybe even 30". What size is your grow room?

3 Likes

@tgent007

Instead of us asking you a hundred questions, please fill this out and then we can help you get this corrected.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

047569e630ee5cd20dde4e481a8f48c024eff626

Nutrient_Chart2

Apera pH Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?tag=greenrel-20

ph meter

https://www.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Nutrient-Calibration-Solution-Included/dp/B00PECAQ12/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

7.0 calibration fluid

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D0CKYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=greenrel-20

5 Likes

You give pain killers to your plants? Cam you give me or link me to more information about this? I’ve never heard of it …

1 Like

I’ll raise the light, and buy a pH kit offline to try to fix the pH balance. I tried transplanting 3 into a peat/pearlite mix about 2 weeks ago but they died so I’m not sure they’ll survive a transplant. I did add nutrients to the larger one which I think it It’s problem. How could I fix that issue? Also, hot soil mix means excessive nutrients correct?

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/aspirin-for-plant-growth.htm

1 Like

Can you take a picture of the contents of the soil you’re using? Exactly which Miracle Gro product did you use?

And as @Rugar89 asked, what is the ph of your water in?

Pending the support ticket fixing the ph should be priority 1. If you don’t have PH Down handy right away, I’ve read that lemon juice will do the trick.

I use miracle grow with nutrients, so I don’t think the MG is the culprit.

Yikes that soil… I just use fox farm ocean forest. It’s like set it and forget it -big big bag was $15 at “urban farm” store the less I mess the better plant is.

Yeah it was literally just a pH issue. Brought some lab supplies home from the chemistry department at my school. Tested my tap water, registered a pH of 8.4. Then I added an ammonium phosphate buffer to my water to bring the pH down to 6.2, started using that to water the plants and after 48 hours they are now a much darker green and new leaves are exploding. Thanks guys!!

1 Like

@tgent007

Good to hear. In the future if you asking questions, include the support ticket and it will allow us to help you faster. You might have other issues going on with your grow, but you won’t know since you didn’t fill out the support ticket.

Just a heads up for the future Happy Growing!