Seedlings stretching?

Seedlings are 5 Days old but looks like stretching or am I wrong.
Please help

1 Like

They are asking for more light.

3 Likes

Move the light closer. That will help stop it.

2 Likes

it was 23 inches away from the light. what you guys recommend how close I should lower it?
120 watt quantum board @MrPeat @MidwestGuy

You can backfill your cups also to help support🤘

3 Likes

Make and model?

You’re going to have to either turn the light up or bring it closer to your plants.

You’re going to need more light to flower 3 plants. It’s okay for seedlings, but for veg and flowering you need more.

3 Likes

Kingbrite Quantum Board LED Grow Light - 120W, Lm301H, 3500K was on 70%

1 Like

@MidwestGuy

From what @Graysin tells me, those king rites work well so yeah move a bit closer

I’d back fill them when you get your light distance sorted out

1 Like

I use HLG lights so they are usually 48” above the plants. Because they are powerful.

Your light…no clue the distance.

1 Like

That’s gonna be pretty far away unless you have it at 100% power.

My KingBrite doesn’t run hot til it’s up over 80% power, so you can decide if you want to crank it up or if you wanna lower the light.

PS - check the driver, there’s a little rubber plug that you can get a small screwdriver into - if you crank it all the way to the right (turn clockwise), your driver may output some more power and brighten up the lights. My KingBrite driver came dimmed to about 50% internally so when I had it at 50% it was really only 25% power til I adjusted my driver internally too.

My HLG at full power does about the same as my KingBrite at full power - runs cooler because the heat sink is better by quite a bit. But I’m judging it from a 240w KingBrite and a QB288 260XL kit.

It is the same for all of us with new lights. You have to see what works. The important point is you recognized they were stretching more than wanted. The two options are increase intensity (more power if dimmed down) or decrease the height above the plant. If 70% is accurate (I use a kill-A-Watt meter to verify) that is about right but should lower to 20".

2 Likes