Seedlings stretching... I NEED HELP

My seedlings stretched over the weekend when I was gone. Didn’t think they would come up this fast but they did, now they are super stretched and leggy as hell. I have the light closer to them about 12 inches away from tops. I am going to transplant them into bigger pots here in the next couple days. And I’m leaving them under light for 24/7 for the next two weeks. ANY TIPS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO INSTEAD, AND WHAT SHOUDL I DO IMMEDIATELY SO MY GIRLS DONT GET TO STRESSED OUT.

There reaching for light, how far is your light off of them? I usually have mine about 6 inches above them. When you transplant them you can bury them a little deeper. You can put a toothpick next to them and tie it for support until you transplant them.

2 Likes

Generally because your lights is not good enough.

1 Like

@Deepsix got ya covered!

1 Like

No my light is plenty strong they stretched when they were in the windowsill. I didn’t have them under my light until today.

1 Like

My light is about 12 inches now at the this point and I have the light turned up at half way power. The light I have over them should be plenty strong now. When you say burry them a lil deeper I can put some of the stock in the soil ??

1 Like

This is why we need all the info instead of a partial one. Windowsills suck for marijuana plants. The windows mostly block the UVA and UVB rays. If they didn’t, we as humans would increase our chances of skin cancer.

2 Likes

Correct. The stem will also sprout roots when it’s buried.

3 Likes

Like @MrPeat said This is why we need all the info instead of a partial one. I didn’t realize they where in the window sill or my answer would have been different.

2 Likes

I’m sorry should’ve been more descriptive. Well they were in a window sill… they have been Under their regular veg light for about a day now. So what should I be doing instead of what you told me to do ?

Wow that’s cool