Seedlings slow growth brownish spots and dropping help!

I have 5 seedlings growing in a 4x8 tent under a led bloom plus 3000 light at 18 inches in Mother Earth coco perlite mix. All went well the first week plants sprouted and took off decent and after that 4 of them just slowed super slow and 3 of them started to get little spots on edges and the cotelydon leaves were wilting but not getting brittle. I’m a new grower pry should have gone with soil I have been watering once a day and feeding calmag 1/2 and fox farm 1/2 of what they say on back of the bottle. Not sure if overwatering or what. Ph has been around 6 but I use well water that already starts with 300 ppm could this be the issue? Processing: 64FED2A3-04E0-49DF-ADFA-CE398516AB69.jpeg…

I have limited experience in coco, so I can’t offer you any immediate advice, but the reason I’m replying is to let you know I’ve been using Mother Earth Coco Peat as my soil for several years now, and I love it. I think you’d be better off with that rather than the Coco perlite.

1 Like

Any insight on what the spots could be? They seem to be developing on the slow new growth of only
One of the plants the rest the spots have not grown or gotten more of since I noticed them

I would assume it has to do with pH and or a calcium issue. Again, I’m not a coco grower so I don’t want to steer you the wrong way.

1 Like

A soil user here but 18" with a 300w led is hot. Is it dimmed? Not saying letem stretch for light but back off a touch maybe? Just my thought.

1 Like

It is dimmed it is only at 40% sorry forgot to mention that

It is possible… when u say around 6… how are u checking it?

1 Like

I have a ph meter it was 5.96 on the last gallon I mixed up

1 Like

Kinda low i think.

Not for peat. Spot on basically…

Ok so im torn. The greenish growth on ur perlite leans towards too often too wet.

But ur medium looks kinda dry… watering daily?

How much do you pour? Talk me through the process

2 Likes

I actually just watered about 12ozs of calmag and fox farm 1/2 seedling ratio i water about that much every morning been going back and forth every morning regular ph water one day then feeding nutes the next. Well ventilated at 73-75 day and night. Don’t really trust my ph meter since that’s kinda what all the signs are pointing at so I ordered a new one and will check again

Thats hot and too low in my opinion on your light. What’s the age? They should be under a covered dome if they’re still less than 10-12 days above ground. They look a little burnt from nutrient toxicity :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Okay on the light if I move it up do I turn it up to full
Power or do I leave it on half? They are pushing 20 days since germinated and 15 days since showing cotelydon

1 Like

Adjusting proper lighting has several factors in play. The simplest explanation I can give you without writing a book and confusing you is cannabis requires different lighting intensity by its 3 growth stages. Seedling, veg and flower. Each require a different DLI (Daily light integral) is the amount of light particles received in a 24 hour period. PPFD (photosynthetic Photon Flux Density) is the actual measured amount of that fall on a surface each second. Some use light meters to set these, there’s a pretty cool free iPhone app cal PHOTON that is very reliable. Can you adjust your light, dimming knob? If so I would raise my light to 24”-30” and set my DLI to 15-18. I didn’t want to info overload you before you had a chance to research this and the other variables I was talking about. But this will definitely get you set :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I can adjust it and I set it and used the app thank you. Got the light set up to the specs now let’s see if I can figure out the feeding to get these puppies back looking good.

1 Like

@Don383 Let your seedling :seedling: grow a true leaf before feeding it calmag/nutes. Your super soil is adequately providing the seedling with everything it needs. I let my seedlings grow for 10 days, then I feed high P nutes @ 500 ppm. You should flush now and before planting all seeds with 2% H²O²

Do you have holes in the bottom of your cups? And is the Mother Earth coco amended as in preloaded with nutrients? I’ve never used that medium brand. I ask because if it is amended you should water only. I use FF coco loco and start feeding nutrients around week 3ish which is about when I start watering/feeding to run off. I prefer to get a stable root base before fertigating that much. I judge this by when my largest fan leafs reach the outside of the pot. Sorry for rambling.

3 Likes

Yes I have holes in the cups and no it does not have any nutrients I pre washed it like allot of the reviews said and all.

2 Likes

You may have overwatered them. I only give my seedlings drops of water, like ¼ cup of bottle water the first and/or second time I water. Also, seedlings doesn’t need powerful grow lights. Most Commercial Growers use Fluorescent lights for seeds and clones. Maybe move your lights away a little. Mine stays about 18 inches away, during veg, and 10-12 inches away during Bloom.

1 Like

Try your light @ 20-24 inches away and I use 1-2 gallon pots to sprout seeds. If you have to use cups, use Larger styrofoam cups or Large thin plastic cups. Like the ones from the fastfood joints. Overfill them, then flush and drop the bean in. I Never Press Down on the Soil. Let the water/flush do that.