Seedlings...nutes

Hi just wondering when to introduce my seedlings with nutes what’s best ec they are a week old just getting phd water 5.8 and nitrozyme at the minute .

1 Like

Are you in Hydro? If so that’s a good PH, but not so much in soil. I usually start introducing nutes around the 4th set of leaves at about 200 ppm, I think that’s an EC of .4

1 Like

Yes hydro tw was thinking of giving them 2 more weeks under cfl then under mh 600 then up the dose my water is .2 but not sure if the nitrozyme will of upped the ec i havnt getting round to checking I could be at .4 now

Welcome to the forum @Lukey91!

I’m not a hydro guy but I do know that the successful growers don’t use the word “about” when discussing their values. There is very little wiggle room with hydro so you want to stay on top of the numbers. This becomes even more critical with small reservoirs.

1 Like

Thanks 410 I agree must get it checked so I know where I stand

1 Like

“Water to waste” is a lot more forgiving. I’m using DynaGrow in pure coco coir, which is hydro but looks and acts rather like soil. I just follow the DynaGrow feeding schedule and dump in enough nute solution every day so the salts in the coco get washed out. The only thing I need to do is to PH it before dumping it in. Don’t need to check for a depleted reservoir, EC or TDS at all.

My grow chamber is an unused bathtub, so the extra waste just goes right down the drain.

1 Like