Seedlings not growing

@pollymex5000 if you’re using foxfarm soil, or one like it, there’s no need to feed until about week 3 or 4, but if you do, start with 1/2 of what the schedule calls for to see how the plant reacts. Then, if all looks good, take it up a bit. Nothing worse than killing one of your girls with too much food.

:sleepy:

@pollymex5000 could you post some pics? If I read correctly, your in red Solo cups? They’re autoflower and 10 days old now? If so, how are the roots? Are they peeking through the holes in the cup yet? If so they may be in need of transplanted. Since they’re autoflower, make sure you transplant to their forever pot. Autos are finicky and don’t like a root disturbance. The least amount of transplanting, the better. After transplanting they may stall a couple days and then they should take off :v::green_heart:

I’ve attached photos. Don’t see any roots at holes but the holes are pretty small. Planning on transplanting into 5 gallon cloth pots using Fox Farm soil.

2 Likes

Looks like that plant needs some TLC.

@pollymex5000, If… I use those red solo cups for seedlings, I will usually transplant once they reach 6 - 8 inches. By then, there’s enough of a root system to hold it together as you turn the cup over to get the plant out.

2 Likes

They are looking happy @pollymex5000 as you know, careful not to over water. I’m sure they will surprise you when they take off. I use Happy frog soil, 5 gallon cloth pots also. Along with fox farms Nutes.

1 Like

Not sure what it might need. Any suggestions? Thanks

@pollymex5000, if you’re using FFOF, then just get R.O./Bottled drinking water, Be sure to check the PH, keep it around 6.5 and give a lil water around the outside of the cup and not down the stem. You want the roots to search for food, making them grow & get stronger.

1 Like

Lol it’s getting TLC.

I bet that plant produces 22 - 24 ounces

1 Like

I’ll be waiting to hear results!

They’re starting to grow nodes though are still short in stature. White widow’s tend to be short due to Indica. Keeping it humid and warm. 18/6 light schedule at 36" high. I’m keeping a diary and love to see progress as my girls grow! It’s a learning process as its my first grow since I was a teenager.

5 Likes

@pollymex5000, You’re doing great! Just keep them under the light, warm, & lightly watered and they’ll take off.

1 Like

Thanks! They just started growing a little in the past two days. I have a long road ahead of me and appreciate everyone’s support. Here are photos. They are 11 days old now.

2 Likes

Hey @pollymex5000, our girls are the same age. She poked her head out of the soil last Monday, 8-26 so today, she’s 8 days old. The strain is Amnesia Haze Auto.
I have always grown photos. Never had an interest in Autos, at all… til now.
So… lets grow!!

4 Likes

They’re beautiful! Yes, let’s grow them! How long have you been growing? This is my first time since I was a teenager. When do i give them first nutrients? Gringo Rasta says 1st week.

1 Like

I have 21 day olds barely ahead of and behind ya. Ur doing just fine.

1 Like

@pollymex5000, I started growing back in the late 70’s early 80’s when none of us really knew what we were doing. Back then… we were fighting hard to get pot legalized or at least get it on a ballot for a vote. I took a long break from growing… decades. Now I’m back and loving all the technology that’s involved in a grow. So… this Amnesia Haze will be my very first ‘AUTO’ grow. Just gonna take what I know from growing photos, & make it work with my auto.

If you really want to feed her, make it a lite mix & don’t over feed, keep notes, & have fun.

i have 7 2 week old gsc all the leafs are yellow with red stems any ideas?

@eric7871438.
sounds like your PH is way off when you feed, and you are in need of a little Cal-Mag too.
Be careful with them, they are only 2 weeks old.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a try I’ve never had a problem like this at such a young age