Seedlings light schedule?

I would uncover the leds and move that light closer. Your seedlings shouldn’t get so tall they fall over.

Also, at that stage they should pretty much just be misted a couple times a day. You can dome them with something to keep humidity up, they’ll like that better than being flooded with water.

You’ll need quite a bit more light before too long.

1 Like

I moved the 10w LEDs closer… Will putting them in the window sill when its sunny for a few hours help ?? I have 3 CFLs - 14w @ 3500k and a HPS 150w but dont know what the k rating is , If you blow up the pic you can read the rating stamp on the corner of the light. I thought the HPS would be a bit much for the seedlings. What will work best with what I have ??? these were all planted on 3/29 …tia ,20180403_084329|374x500
20180403_084329|374x500

U definitely have a membrane holding those sugar leaves closed. If it stays that way it will die. That’s also why that one is stretching triple the others. It wants light. I always use 1 hand to hold the stem stable into the dirt and run something like a razor blade or thin scissors between those 2 leaves and it will come right off but there’s no way that’s staying closed up like that on its own.

1 Like

Didnt see that 1 … Took care of it with a safety pin , lol Thanks bro.

Not a bro but u r welcome. I can tag u into the grow if u want. It’s a journal only at early veg stage right now

2 Likes

Would appreciate that… Yep

I’m not your lighting person @dbrn32 is for sure your go to guy. Just make sure you post to the right thread. I flagged your post in my grow journal Bc it belonged here but feel free to post any ideas questions or suggestions on my grow over there.

1 Like

Those cfl’s are warm white, the hps is even more red. Any of them can be made to work, but it’s easiest to run seedlings under a cold white.

This is the one that you tagged me in that has been closed since correct @Countryboyjvd1971?

Im currently starting seedlings indoors for an outdoor grow, I was told you should raise the seedlings on the same light schedule as is naturally occurring in your area. Failure to do so will result in stunted growth when transferred to outdoors or cause the plant to go directly into flowering. The plan is to plant them outdoors May 30th. I am currently trying to create the ideal environment for them indoors, I created a grow box, with 8 x 22w halogen bulbs for a total of 176w. My major issue right now is humidity and heat. The heat from the bulbs is creating an environment of around 10% humidity, seedlings want high humidity, around 50%. I have been misting them with a spray bottle, that brings the humidity up to around 50%, but I’m wondering if this constant misting is an issue for the plants? Especially because there only a few days old. I ordered a small water vapor humidifier which I’m hoping will resolve the problem. Its a fine balance between it all.

Hey I cut my coyldons ant a 45 will they be ok

Dont cut anything! and really should have the seedlings in seperate seedling containers.
Who told you to cut?

Yeah it was a last minute potting job and I guess an idiot told me if I snipped the ends off that the plant would send the nutrients to the rest of the plant since those where gonn fall off anyways are they fd up now ?

@Cdogg, you REALLY need to put those seedlings in their own separate cups.

Just had a random plant pop up and want to see it trough I live at the beach and it only gets 75 at the hottest i have a led grow light on it… 18/6 i need to know how to get them to bud up once when it’s time soil water light

@Joseph87
If they are AUTO’s then do this:

AUTO LIGHT CYCLE

Do the first week as seedlings 24-0 then,
Weeks 2-3 18-6 then,
12/12 till done… they do most of there growing in the dark!
Do the 12/12 till she eats herself up when we stop feeding her a couple of weeks
before chop so she’ll be a smooth smoke.

PHOTO’s

Do the first week 24-0 then,
All veg period time should be 18-6 then,
When you’re ready to flip them to flower,
go to 12/12 till done…

1 Like

@anon95395719 can you please explain when they “ask for water”? New grower here, seeds just sprouted. Thanks so much. A

I find that the dark period is really beneficial for my plants and when i wake up in the morning to check on them they have grown more than they did during the light period. So I personally don’t think its the best idea to do 24 hours of light frequently