Seedlings leaves are deformed. Why?

Would too much calmag do that? The past 2 waterings i put in calmag at 1/4 strength.

1 Like

They look a little young to be receiving nutes. Idk if that caused a burn and mutated your leaf. I guess it’s possible. Are any of the others showing any signs of damage? Are you using miracle grow organic soil? Most soils can get you almost a month without a real need for nutes. Maybe a little calmag towards the end of first month. I think I saw something that stated a rule of thumb is to let it get to about the 3rd/4th node before using nutes. New to this myself so I can’t give expert advice. Just can share research and articles I’ve came across.

1 Like

Seedlings are sensitive to fertilizers, they’re too small to juggle and handle what’s being thrown at them. They’ll come out of it, but it’s better to feed them when they’re ready and not so young. An old plant is harder to damage from toxicity than a younger plant, the younger the plant the easier it it is to stunt or shock it (pick any adversary).

2 Likes

Looks like a hint of nutrient burn. As she grows she will develop fine. Humidome will help. Don’t over water, let that dry out for a few days before watering again. The dome will help keep the moisture in also. @Banksmoney6485 other than that things look good.

2 Likes

All good advice but I would suggest you just keep on doing what you are. I don’t see anything wrong with your setup and I believe they will sort themselves out. Wrinkled leaves on sprouts is pretty common. Other structural defects maybe an older seed? Who knows?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about leaves right now. If they continue to show progressing damage like that, let us know.

2 Likes

Wow you guys re the best. All great info. I do believe the seeds are at least 2-3 years old. I kept them in a bag that was in a pill bottle. Lol. Ill stop the nuts an give them plain ph water. Keep a eye on them an hopefully they will grow out of it. Thank you all for the help. I feel alot better now. Lol. Ill keep posting pics and stuff, showing the progress. Thank you again.

4 Likes

Aint they awesome! Also welcome back! And best of luck

3 Likes

Thank you. It honestly feels great to be back an part of this community. theres so much sapport here, its amazing. Its been a lil bit since my last grow but im gonna stick around for a lot longer. B4 i was growing in a spare bedroom an had to give it up but now i have a decent size tent so im never gonna stop now. Lol. Thanks guys. You guys are the best!!!

3 Likes

Has anyone grown grape ape b4? Is it a hard strain?

3 Likes

I think there are a few grape ape grows around. @Lostscuba is doing one now. Maybe he’ll chime in

3 Likes

Thank you. Il go check his out now.

1 Like

His thread is crazy as heck. Kinda morphed into a show and tell for everyone. Id def wait for him to bring some over here. Ull be scrolling days

2 Likes

Lmao, ok.

Or u could jump to the end and scroll up for hos posts. I think he got like 80 plants in diff stages.

3 Likes

Wow… Lol. Thats where id like to be some day. Harvesting every 2 weeks or so.

2 Likes

Thats what he is striving for. A 3 week perpetually rotating harvest. He has like 5 locations. And teaching his mom to grow :joy::joy::joy: there are a few pretty industrious grows. @Haildamaged and @Familyman both have little armies going. But Scub has the Grape Ape u asked about

2 Likes

Hopefully he comes over for a min to maybe give me some tips on the grape ape, Im trying to teach my wife to grow also, lol, i plan on getting her her own tent and everything she needs to be successful, only thing is she dont want me to help her at all, lol, i try to explain to her that she will need some kind of input because she wont know everything, lol, shes really independent. What do you have going @PurpNGold74 ?

1 Like

These are my ladies as of now. Berry Bomb, White Strawberry, OG Bubblegum, Double Black (Domina), critical SSH, and a Afghan x Purple Trainwreck seed i made last round. O n 3 bagseeds in the orange pot. Dropping White widow auto, some lucky widows my boy HD made, and maybe a couple more soon. Keep procrastinating buying dirt :joy::joy:

2 Likes

And make her a screen name! :joy::joy::joy: she can learn ‘on her own’. Ive been teaching my ole lady and pop to handle the girls when i cant. Still not ready to be on their own but they can ph, light adjust, and know how to look for bugs

2 Likes