Seedlings in a dome?

I see a lot of people once they planted their seed create a dome out of a used water bottle or something like that once you do that how long are you able to keep it on to keep the humidity up on the plant?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Domes are useful for seedlings. Mist inside the dome a couple of times a day and that will be all the water a seedling will need. I use a cut pop bottle and remove it when the leaves reach the sides of the bottle.

5 Likes

Excellent. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the community. As @MidwestGuy said. When the leaves reach the sides of the dome remove the dome. They still won’t need a lot of water.

Ok. And has anyone planted the seedlings in 3in peat pot , I believe it is.,maybe jiffy or something is brand I can’t remember.but it’s the type of pot u can jus plant straight into the bigger size. Does it work well?

1 Like

Is it the pot or net? Net is not too bad and I’ve used them before. I just make sure I tear the netting before transplant. The pot is a different story and will bound your root growth. Made that mistake once :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Well I have both kinds, but was the pot I was worried about. I have the little peat patties with ner. Will use them, but heard autos are temperamental with transplanting so trying to save any issues early. Is my first grow in room I built myself so I expect some issues but…

1 Like

I grow both autos and photos and grow them using the same techniques. The peat cups never get soft enough for the roots to penetrate. I harvested 1 that I planted the cup right into my pot and I could tell through the growth stages something was wrong. Super stunted and when I pulled her the roots never broke the pot and all bound up🤟

1 Like

That was also my worry. Thnx for help

2 Likes

May be a good idea to cut some slits in the peat cup with a razor or cut the bottom off completely when up-potting.
If using the net type pucks, cut the mesh before re-potting.

2 Likes

I actually saw that in another discussion, they cut bottom off pot and put into another one… may be good idea. Cool thnx.

1 Like