Seedlings I think are dying?

Hey, first time grower here. I started 5 seeds in jiffy pellets. Once they popped I put them in solo cups with holes for drainage. 1-2 are looking awesome! #3 looks like it’s dying on me now. #4 looks way funky I have no idea what’s going on with that. #5 I threw out cuz it for sure died. Every single one of them has had the exact same care. (Water, humidity, temp, etc.) is this a result of just bad seeds or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Fill this out as much as possible this will give people all the info they will need to assist you. How old are they? The one looks awful crowded in that cup (possibly root bound) is why I ask. But again fill this out for the best possible advice.

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Started in Jiffy Pellets. Put into solo cups 6 days later. Currently in the solo cups.
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    6.3, no solution yet, have not tested run off. Will do on next watering.
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor
  • Light system
    Yield Lab 400w MH air cooled
  • Temps; Day, Night
    26-29 C, 22-24C
  • Humidity; Day, Night
    35-40 both day and night.
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    Yes 6 inch carbon filter, 6 inch intake and output fans.
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    Humidifier running full time.
  • Co2; Yes, No
    No?

They are 15 days old from when I put the seeds in the jiffy pellets. 1-2 popped out of the jiffy pellets 4 days in. All of them had popped 5 days in. On day 6 I transplanted all 5 into solo cups. So they are 9 days old from when I put them into solo cups. Eventually I’ll be putting them into 3 gal fabric growing Pots

Ok great to have some info. The few things that stand out to me is the Ocean Forest that I have not used personal but read some people find a little hot for seedlings. Another is the RH is pretty low should be 50-60ish %. And the plants looked cramped in the cups.But let’s call in some pros to help ya out. @Mrcrabs @PharmerBob @Missiles @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

And you are only giving PH’d water right no nutes? You should also invest in a $15 PPM meter to know exactly what your putting in. Can you see roots in the drain holes of the cups?

1 Like

Not saying it’s happening to yours but mine were that size when i transplanted and they were root bound get them out of those cups and into your bigger pots and then lightly water them every other day for a week i bet you’ll see the difference i did my forum is First time using grow tent search it on here you’ll see the pics

2 Likes

Couple of the bigger ones in the cups I would go ahead and Transplant they look pretty good. As Jbum mentioned ocean Forest is a little hot to start seedlings in .

1 Like

Here is a pic of a root bound plant.

2 Likes

#four looks like a mutation it wil grow out of it all others look fine exept #3 it could be ph problems to wet or to dry , or just not liking the soil, others may be ready for fir transplantation , @Jbum nice roots, i start all my seedlings in jiffy seed starter, awsome for seedling ,

1 Like

This is confusing

1 Like

Check out the roots in #4 , the combination of over or under water plus soil withh high nutes can be the culprit most of times, ever seedling has diffrent needs, some can take the punishment and some can, just like us mabye you can work all day in the sun without NP but you brother can’t, both came from same mom and pop, good luck keepus updated, like i said check out them roots make sure its got good drainage

1 Like

@801grower I agree with @Mrcrabs on your little ones. I always start my seedlings in FFOF. Just watch the watering and pH.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger this is just what’s in the support ticket example for soils He just used a pic instead

1 Like

All great advice.

Bigger ones - transplant

And that water looks soaked. Was the pics taken immediately after watering? Id let em dry out a bit more between

1 Like

Think I found the problem?! Found these little guys! Also I believe I was over watering. I’ve been drying the soil yesterday and today and is still a little wet.

They were in my entire bag of new soil. So I ordered some DE and a Mosquito larva killer. And covered the top of my soil with them to try and kill them. Also transplanted 1/2 like you guys said. They were in fact root bound, not too bad, so thank you :pray:

1 Like

Excellent! Keep up updated. Happy ur progressing

1 Like