Seedlings$$$$$$costing me

Hi I have been excite to get seeds that I have only read about but having trouble with seedlings they are comming up but the seem to wilt and stem seems to break and plant dies what am I doing wrong (never had this problem before) please help as I am wasting these wonderful seeds.am I overwatering they certainly have not lacked it. I used to just throw seeds in the mix and walla they grew I am using rockwool in seedling tray with heat mat but when I put these babies in the sun some died as described above.
Sugarbayallstar

1 Like

When u been putting them in the sun have you been adjusting them to the sun? Like a few hours at a time?

1 Like

I reckon i had the same problem myself a few months back. The seedling would sprout get water leaves and a first set then wither on the stem half way up fall over & die. I did read something on the site about this issue, can’t remember what its name was exactly, something wilt disease maybe ???
Had a look before this post but couldn’t find it, will keep looking if no one else can help on this one.

1 Like

That exactly the problem I am experiencing thanks for the heads up hopefully someone will have the answer to solve.

1 Like

Check out this. Not sure where i got the other name from but this was the problem i had.

2 Likes

Thanks for helping Sort of giving them some period but didn’t think it was excessive but maybe that’s it
it’s been pretty hot here I plan to do it under my indoor grow room and or just chuck them in the pot they will grow in , never had a problem doing that so a couple like that and try under lights as well but to see these babies die is frustrating and expensive so any help is appreciated

1 Like

It was really annoying for me to have so many die in the begining also, wasn’t sure at first if it was something i was doing. I tried to germ naturally on the window sill & under light but didn’t go well. Used another medium and still had the same problem with a few, ended up with just under a 1/3 of a 30 mixpack doing any good.
Just bad luck maybe.

1 Like

I feel for you brother, In 40 years growing I’ve never seen this before but for many years grew outdoor and just planted seeds and walla they nearly always grew, no problem used inside in cupboards then grow room never any problem so this is particularly frustrating once I get some well up going back to Cuttings and just use seeds for new breeds I want to try. The ptob I have is exactly what you described stem breaking and original leaves dieing.
So thanks for your help and reply, I am putting some more seeds in 2 super Skunk and two gold leaf these will go straight into pots into the grow room so should not have light shock and hopefully grow

1 Like

Wow, thanks thats it! thanks better clean and sterize everything and start again thanks again Sth61the420State I really appreciate you taking the time to help
Sugarbayallstar

1 Like

Not a problem it sounded very familiar, just had trouble finding the article. First time i ever had that problem & hopefully the last.
Good luck with the grow.

2 Likes

Again thanks its very painful to see these types of plants I have read about but never tried so disappointed to lose them.
Cheers
Mick

1 Like

unnamed

2 Likes

@Sugarbayallstar

First I want to welcome you to ILGM and to our ever growing community
of awesome fokes and so " WELCOME TO ILGM "
Can you get some starting soil with a very low N P K you can find that on th e back side bottom left of the bag. the lower the number the better and some worm castings and maybe some bat guano (Mexican)
If you live in the U,S you can get these things at Home Depo or Lowes
hardware stores if not use Amazon.com
Once you get these I’ll tell you how to do the paper towel trick if you all ready know it then that’s good.

4 Likes

Will do, I’m in Australia so might find bat guano. Any alternative? It’ll take me a couple of days to get these I think. Thanks for the welcome and yes it is full of amazing people, many who have offered help immediately on grow questions it try and get bat guano cause this seedling stuff is sending me bat shit crazy😜just joking but it has been madining to first have only 8 of twenty of my first buy not germinating and now the disese in the seedlings that survived now only 1 servives of the 20 oh well.
Thank for the assistance garrigan65

1 Like

@Sth61The420State

I gota tell ya, you have done an awesome job in helping out @Sugarbayallstar .
And with that I’m going to jump out of here cause you got this covered,
@Sugarbayallstar,
your in good hands here

2 Likes

If you can get the Mexican if not no big deal. A very, very low n p k is important thing. Because the seedling contains it own food until it has 5 or 6 true sets of leaves.
And so with a low N P K and added worm castings which they just LOVE BIG TIME will grow look you never seen … lol
The paper towel I have had 100% germination once they have a good tail drop them into that soil and in about 3 days you’ll be off to the races… lol

2 Likes

@garrigan62
No worries glad to find something i could help out with. Ran into that same problem myself and was able to diagnose it thru the great info on the ILGM site.
Glad i came to this site first for seeds and not bothered with any others as its got heaps of good info on growing & the people on this forum are great. No BS, just good people doin what they can to help others grow nice weed.
Cheers

5 Likes

I can’t say it any better than that my friend.
Every morning I put the coffee on fire up the P C get the headphones and crank up the tunes and I’m all set for a couple of hours or so … LOL

4 Likes

@Sugarbayallstar
Didn’t realise you were in Aus as well.
Should be able to get the Bat Guano from any good hydro store if you have any in your state, dime a dozen in mine. I think from memory my local was charging $25 for a 1L bottle.

1 Like

@garrigan62
Like my beats also to help get me motivated around home or doing a workout. DJ’s like Boris Bretjcha, Carl Cox.
Also good to listen to with some great psychedelics :open_mouth::alien:

2 Likes