Seedlings are not growing

Guys its been 9 days since i germinated 4 seeds and planted it but there are so small and seems like there are not growing please help guys.

2 Likes

Seedlings will often pause visible growth to lay down roots. If you are truly having problems, the most common cause of seedling problems is overwatering.

Do you have pics to share?

3 Likes

What’s the temps of the room they r growing in and what kind of light. Temps r a huge part of growth at early stages like they need to be 76 to 84 degree with high rh preferably. But heat helps alot

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am using the vivosun vs1000 the humidity is very high 70 to even 90 percent temperature is roughly between 26 to 30 degrees

They look fine. Probably laying down roots.

2 Likes

Ok thanks so thats normal for 9 days.

1 Like

Yes normal for 9 days but u sure 26 to 30 degrees lol they r frozen if so. LMBO. If u can keep them in 76 to 82 84 be at most. They will shoot off like crazy. Even at nighttime try and keep It a little warmer not so cool at night. Don’t lose alot of heat at lights out 5 to 7 degree in flower u want cooler nights veg goes better a little warmer.

2 Likes

26 to 30 degrees Celsius i mean thats not Fahrenheit 26 to 30 degrees in Fahrenheit is 86 Fahrenheit i should of said.

3 Likes

But the humidity is always high 70 to 90 percent

2 Likes

You will want to double that light. At least. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

High humidity is good right now if 84 that’s prolly good may even be warmer on the vod chart with such high humidity but I think ok right now make sure u keep good exhaust and intake have fans blowing on them when the time comes not really needed now but to move the air around the pots and all is good. Gonna have to up the lighting. How big is that tent 5 plants is gonna be alot of humidity as the green starts to build up

2 Likes

48"×48"×80 is the size of the tent will remove 1 of the plants in the future.

It’ll take them a while in those big pots to get going. I have found it best to start in solo cups, and transplant after about two weeks. They look healthy though, so you’ll have to wait for them to develop roots. You’ll want to consider upgrading your lighting eventually.

1 Like

I start my seedlings in 3-1/2" pots. Once they get a couple/three sets of leaves then I move them over to my 3 gallon pots.

I accidentally damaged a small seedling by getting neem oil on it. I pulled it from it’s small pot and I was amazed at how much root growth there was. My point is even when it appears to not be growing fast above ground, it’s busy below ground.

Start with smaller pots. As long as your sprouts are good color and standing tall don’t worry about them.

@Mark0427

@Mark0427 is dead on!

My seeds/seedlings stopped dead on their tracks when my basement tent only ranged from 62F to 66F.

Damn near stooped them completely until I tapped into a close by ceiling heating duct to get some heat in that tent. Them they recovered well.

Good luck. Hope it’s that simple

2 Likes