Seedlings are 2 weeks old

So I have 2 seedlings that have germinated over 2 weeks ago. They seem to not be growing at all. Is this normal?

Pictures or didn’t happen. In natural light or use your flash.

1 Like

A few things, they’re small for 2 weeks. I would get that object on top of them off. They are trying to grow roots and get stable.

4 Likes

May I ask what kind of Soil looks like it has a lot of wood chips ? As @Zee mentioned give The little girl a change to get a little bigger before training. Good luck

3 Likes

I agree :point_up: .way to soon to be training or anything. They are still babies let them get a solid structure built first.

2 Likes

Let that plant grow some branches then bend them down. That is not ideal. And whats with the lumber in your medium? Is there some soil in that? Is there soil below the wood chips?
The chemistry around wood and soil is complicated, generally, nitrogen is required by the wood in the process of decay. Therefore, it will deny some of that N to your plant. I typically steer clear of any soils that have woodchips in them or bark.
That said, in organic soils with earthworms and bacteria, woodchips on the surface can be beneficial provided they dont negatively alter the ph or get mixed into the root zone.

1 Like

It’s probably FF. That happy frog was nothing but sticks.

@kellydans @Cannabian @Kevfrmthestl @Zee @Loudman @Greenthumb443 @Lynyrdsky @DaddysLittleFatty @tanlover442 @tammygrows
So this is an update on the the 2 stunted seedlings I posted in early August. The reason being for this seems to be all the wood (as some more experienced growers kindly pointed out) that was mixed up with the soil making it hard for the roots to develop as they normally would. It has been close to 6 weeks since they germinated and they are quite small for being outdoor plants and the time that has passed. As you can see they are now in early flowering stage. I have never seen such small plants go into flowering phase. Does anyone have any tips on how to get maximum yield out of these ladies or should I just treat them as normal flowering pants?

1 Like

I had much smaller plants than yours go into flower. A gelato photo was only 6" tall when I flipped to flower. Messed up the fim on her and today she is 20" tall 6 weeks later with a nice thick bud cola about half her height. Had a sour diesel auto in even worse shape. Now she is only 12" tall bud all bud. Don’t get discouraged as these plants will surprise you how much they will grow to produce flower. Again they look way better than 2 of mine did at that age. You are doing well in my book.

2 Likes

Daylight hours getting shorter has triggered flowering but they will stretch you’ll end up with some nice buds. Keep taking care of them nice plants.

1 Like

transplant into POT GROWING media. FF happy frog is good. not so much size of wood chips slowing root growth as the ph factor.

Ah, I get it now, didnt realize the ff was fox farms! Having said that I have to say that I have had great success growing plants in 5 gallon plastic buckets, here is a pic of a lady I am very proud of and will be chopping down soon.

2 Likes

That outdoor girl is a beast! Well done. The smaller ones in flower, I’d just push nutes as much as you can and let them ride.

1 Like

yeah, saw your beautiful baby on another topic. 5 gallon buckets work great.

1 Like

I would do just like you would for any plant in flower. You’ll get something out of them for sure. Mini plants are fun.

1 Like