Seedlings 9 and 7 days old...any recommended changes?

I have a Northern Lights (7 days) and a Borderliner (9 days) from germination, first grow. 2x4 vivosun tent. Light Viparspectra P2000 at 25 inches, on 24/7 @ 60%… not using nutes atm. Soil-less mix is 50% washed coir, 25% perlite, 25% worm castings with 2 TBL Dolomite per gallon of mix. Temp steady at 70-74F. Humidity steady 65-72 Rh. 2nd true leaf unfurling on both plants.

2 Journals here called Growalicity. I will try to add two pics from today, and I can’t here yet, but the pics are in my journals.

What changes if any are recommended for the next week? Lights different height? Increase light intensity? Different Light schedule? Nutes? Etc.

You’re gonna want to put your plants on a light schedule. I use 24/7 on my clones and reveg. Once a root shows they go on 14/10.

Gotcha. I was thinking actually 18/6, 100% intensity and keep light where it is…thanks! all input welcome!!

1 Like

sry I am having issues with editing on this forum .Trying to hang on to original post.

1 Like

@hellraiser I would welcome your commentary! you have helped tremendously

Definitely don’t do 24/7. Think about it when the light is high they reach , right ? Well when the light is off they reach hard , so a lot of vertical growth happens. That’s also when they heal from transplants and also at night your respiration increases so your plants breathe more.

1 Like

Very helpful. I am going to transition to 18/6 tomorrow with 100%, unless I hear otherwise! First grow, be gentle…lol

2 Likes

This is only my 2nd grow so I understand. My first still isn’t even to harvest but I’m setting up a perpetual.

18/6 isn’t bad but I feel like 4 hours of sleep is enough.

1 Like

I have a daily excel spreadsheet lol. we shall see… your comments about sleep time are great…the girls look very cute so far.

Yeah things are a little limited at first. But spending time just reading around others posted and just on the forum will open up alot pretty quickly.
Happy growing freind :grin:

At that point in the grow, I’d change lights to 18/6, start giving a bit more light intensity and start giving some nutes.

2 Likes

hi @Hellraiser I today changed to 18/6, 100% intensity, and will water with nutes next watering, and every other time going forward. I hope that is not too much light intensity??? but it is only a 200watt Viparspectra P2000. Everything looking great, monitoring temp and Rh closely…78F and 63Rh so far…

1 Like

It’s a bit much light for a seedling at 200 watts, even half or third would be fine (65-70 watts) for another week or so, but watch the sprouts - stretching - needs more light, staying very short and squat - can give less light. Don’t want them to stretch too much but don’t want the opposite of it either, balance is what we want.

1 Like

Dialed intensity back. Will keep an eye on the stretch/squat…THANKS!! looking at pics of other’s grows really helps…

1 Like

Hemp is one of the plants that doesn’t really need a rest period to grow during veg. However, you’ll reach a point (maybe) that you’ll give the plants enough and anything else is just wasting energy. DLI ranging between 6-18 mol/m²/d is recommended.

1 Like