Seedling yellowish leaf tips

what point should i resume watering. it is starting third set of leaves now. can post pic later

It is curling all kinds of ways now. And the coloration is odd to me.

Strawberry Kush

1 Like

I obviously killed this thing but not sure why. I was out on my back 2 days and when I checked I found this. Seemed OK when I last checked it. Any ideas based on pic? I had not watered or fed.

At this stage they should be in a dome environment with 80% humidity and if you wet the soil before you place the seed when planting, then you should not have to water for at least 7 days. Based on these pics, I am going to say she is dying from not having a humid rich environment.

understood. lesson learned. thanks! i was giving this a go based on what a friend is doing. he just plops the thing in dirt and it goes. he has a green thumb i guess

This isn’t hard but a few basics are needed to grow succesfully.

1. Good cannabis friendly soil (if you grow in soil) No digging dirt up from your yard.
  2. Correct environments for each stage of growth
  3. Good lighting
  4. Good watering schedule, again for each stage of the plants life.

The link is from this same issue when another growmie asked the question.

Or he just gets lucky if he is truly just plopping them in yard soil. Seedlings in my opinion are the easiest since you don’t do anything 2 them for 2 weeks. They don’t have roots so watering and feeding are lethal. They get what they need from the seed pod and if you use good soil, you won’t need to give them anything other than the right amount of water until after you transplant to a larger pot or their forever homes if you don’t up-pot like I do.

1 Like

he has lots of luck lol. wish i had his luck. next one i will follow your guide there

One last thing, I use 3 soils from FF. Happy Frog, the Ocean Forest and the Coco Loco. I mix equal parts of the OF and CL with 20% perlite (not by miracle grow) and put that in the bottom of my seedling cup and moisten it. Then I add 2 parts Happy Frog again with 20% perlite and layer that on top and moisten it. The seed is actually rooting in the HF which also has the Myco in it for great root growth. I get all 3 bags on Amazon for $26.00. Less than $9.00 a bag.

I am on here pretty much every day so if you have any questions, I and everyone else here can and will help. Best forum I have ever been a part of.

1 Like

Thanks. I have FF Ocean Forest but it was 20 for the bag. Seedling is in this now - your post made me realize I had one germinating (been down for almost 2 weeks with bad back and A/C problems so I kind of forgot about it)… He took off and l am not sure what you think about him. Think he (or she :wink: ) will recover?

Not telling you what to do, only offering advice and what I would do in same situation, but I would scrap this one. The stem is white and the coty is funky yellow. Again looks like too much water and depending on what and where your light is, it could be damping off or running from the light. I use a super sprouter dome with a T5 light which doesn’t make them run away from the light at all.

fair enough. actually, i forgot to mention i had it covered with a flat piece over the cup - intended to get to it before i had my issues. so it was bumping up against the cover and curled down i guess. it was only damp and still is but not wet. dampness - dirt is just soft i guess is a way to describe.

Since the downturn was caused by something on top of the container, I would give her a few days to see if she stands back up. You coud prop her up with a paperclip or something to aid in her straightening back up. put a clear dome or ziploc over her. What type of light and how far above the plant do you have?

OK. I can do that. My lights are an HLG 225 I have for a hydro setup but I can slide it in there if appropriate. It is about 24" off my Hydro. I also have an amazon cheapo I can use. My setup are in a closet and I can get them as far as about 5’ away from light or as close as suggested.

other light

Lxyoug LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum Plant Light with 15-60 inches Adjustable Tripod Stand, Red Blue White Floor Grow

try it at about 12-15" from plant on a 16 hour day. If she rebounds in a day or two, then you can adjust light as needed and increase to 18 hour day. She may not come back…Use the light in the bold above. It will be fine for now. Take a progress pic if she improves.

1 Like

She :wink: has already improved dramatically.

That is a good sign, means she is still wanting to live. She has already started standing back up. Mist the inside of the bag once a day. Once she has her first 2 sets of true leaves, you can transplant but she should definitely recover as much as possible before the transplant as she is already stressed. Keep the pics coming as she progresses and at least we can get you through this struggle.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks a bunch!

How long would I be able to keep in this cup? Set already out but I am worried about that stem length.

As soon as she looks like she can be transplanted, you can get her into a bigger pot and bury the stem where it is curvy. Make sure what is above soil is straight up and she will be okay.