Seedling-veg lighting

Do T-5’s generate enough wavelength for seedlings through veg?

“For the vegging stage of growth, you’ll want to use a T5 fluorescent grow light with a 6400k spectrum of light- that’s going to give you a white/blueish spectrum. When it’s time to flower you’re going to go with a 2700k bulb to give you a yellowish/white spectrum of light that stimulates flower growth.”

3 Likes

Very helpful. Ty

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @Nicky @yoshi @BobbyDigital @Fiz
I decided to start two beans like I used to do under a T-5 lights and a new/old idea I saw on here. Using a Costco chicken rotisserie package, the clear lid that seals 100% the black bottom part is holding water.and the two peat pots fit great and it will be 1st time a controled climate I will be using.

1 Like

Well best of luck with the grow! Looking forward to pictures, Gotta love repurposing.

1 Like

Most of our grows have repurposed items in them. Straws ,

and twisty ties rubber ones. Even shower curtain rod holders. Whatever We can use,save money

3 Likes

Here is the latest pictures last night. WW BABY just starting out. @Fiz @Newt @DrWoo @Borderryan22 @Pet_de_Chien

6 Likes

Love the rotisserie box :rofl:

4 Likes

I saw someone else here do that. Next day wife brings home sams club chicken. I believe it will work. 4 days so far.

1 Like

Just keep a watchful eye, too much humidity can invite Pythium/Fusarium…fine line between enough and too much.

2 Likes

Awww! Best of luck to your baby.

2 Likes

My daughter’s career is in sustainablity. She would LOVE that, and also what I did -

Some recycled plastic bags and a transparent pot saucer…

2 Likes

I saw the same thing and thought about picking up a chicken just to get the container.

1 Like

One bean is up at the chicken shack. Western Grail this strain we grew last summer outdoors. She became She-Hulk big,green monster 34 ozs from all of her
She was 6ft high and 5 feet across. Horse poop,rainwater,FFnutes,talking to her and abused her LST,Fim,she took it all

I am totally stealing that idea of the rotisserie chicken container. Should be great for smaller cuttings/seedlings.

1 Like

I cut the tops off of water jugs, and flip them over for domes… Works fairy well, if you can get the cut straight.

Yes I forgot who’s posts it was,saw the same thing in pictures here. Now life begins very controlled environment till they get big enough to transplant into the big girl tent,5 gallon fabric pots.