Hey there i got a question as this is my first time grow i got one of my plants which is doing fine but from the seed shell there was some jelly or glue stuff around the leaves which made them stuck together and now are not opening up.
Is this normal and will solve by itself or can I do something to help my plant out ?
Also check out my grow journal where i will update nearly daily. .
Thanks for your help
The membrane of the shell is still over the cotyledons. Take a pair of fine scissors and carefully snip in between the cotes.
I agree with border, try your best to snip it, she wants that light bad
Yeah I agree also, this happens to me almost every single seed I germinate and I have to carefully pull that layer off with scissors or tweezers, sometimes it just slides right off
Yep! But carefully!! Sometimes a seedling will get “helmet head” or " membrane mouth"… Ive had some just naturally shake it off and others may need help…just try not to pull on it!! It may come out of the medium.
Hahaha yeah I’ve done that too! Plants came out the soil with it she did survive though but I was in PANIC mode
@Se7en Hahh aa I was going to mention that…Thats what happened to me…Yes the same thing…I was pissed!! but yeah just like you I put it back ,gave a lil water and it was fine!!
- thats just funny though!! (well not@ the time but!!)
Mist it or even a little spit will work, I usually wait for it to stand up straight before trying to remove the helmet. All good advice above as well
Touched it slightly with tweezers and it fall off and opened up . Thanks to everyone so fast good help thanks community. If you like follow along on my grow journal i probably will need some help later on again learning as everything is new for me. Thanks
Best growing community you’ll find this is brother
Do whatcha gotta do Brother