Seedling transplant n soul sunk

So transplanted my seedlings today planted 20 n so far 20/20 even after breaking two 4-5 days ago planted in root riot cubes wasn’t expecting all to grow as iv never grown anything a fair few of was stretching but sorted that now so buried em a bit deeper but when i gave em a drink the soil sunk think i was two gentle around the seedlin ph 6.2 ec 0.4 so far so good @Eagles009 @PharmerBob @Fergus do u think i was to gentle or is that common with soil

2 Likes

I’m never gently but then again I lose lots of seedlings also

1 Like

Soil definitely settles but they should pop there heads up :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Lol first time growing anything so probably over cautious was easy to handle as in the root riot done it this morning so about 7hrs just been n checked and all looking well

1 Like

It gives you a chance to sink them a bit also so they don’t look so stretched out

1 Like

Yeh all above ground some stretched to 3.5-4inches so buried some so all about an inche above ground

You’re in good hands here, soil will settle when you water. When burying stem of stretchers I pack that stuff tight. Keep it sturdy and reduces what your talking about.

2 Likes

Did you pull the babes out the rooters? Usually the router and seedling gets planted in dirt together

1 Like

Yeh thats wot i done so all around an inch above ground gound xcept my disabled 1 that i had to dig out of the root riot

1 Like

Yep planted the root riot aswell

Yeh think i was just over cautious nxt time ill just grab it like a football lol

2 Likes

1 Like

@fano_man @Eagles009 @PharmerBob whats your opinions on these as tips on a few r starting to go yellow

1 Like

Looks like nute burn, remind me medium and if feeding?

1 Like

Your too hot or too cold, which would you say for nutes in the water/soil?

Starting on upper tips and working back I’d suspect your correct my friend!

If it was starving they would of eaten the cotyledon

1 Like

Growdog soil

A PERFECT SOIL PERLITE BLEND – PRE-FERTILISED TO ENSURE OUTSTANDING RESULTS!

A premium, weed-free Irish blended peat mixed with 20% perlite for added aeration and drainage. The soil is enriched with natural humic soil improvers, base fertilisers, mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria. Best suited to soil growers who want to start feeding after two weeks.

Being organic and bio-dynamic, Growdog soil enables you to elevate crop flavour profiles to the next level. It allows your plants to reach their true genetic potential. Growdog soil will bring stunning results to your garden through its symbiotic relationship with beneficial microorganisms. This soil is an easy to use, natural approach to indoor gardening.

The blend includes beneficial microorganisms, promoted to grow thanks to the high water retention which provides them a source of food and water. The strong aeration qualities of the substrate allows them to breathe.

Growdog soil is a medium to heavy fertilised soil substrate. It contains enough nutrition to provide plants feed for 2-4 weeks before starting your feeding regime.

Transplanted Saturday watered about 40-50ml in circle around em no nutes yet just whats in soil

1 Like

Majority of them r fine just the odd few

1 Like

So there’s the proof in your leaves. Some look fine though. So it’s probably something you can ride the edge of problems and super fast growth by only giving water til they show hungry…or get into that whole ppm runoff jazz. Or they tank and you learn your lesson.

Some plants are just gonna be more sensitive. My current run of 12 is 6 seeds each two strains. They all got burned a little. 1/12 looked way worse than the rest.

1 Like