Seedling Stunted?

I let these germinate in a shot glass half tap half hydrogen peroxide. I noticed the tail popping out so I went to work and came home and the seed had came off the sprouts in the shot glass. So there was basically a sprout in my glass. I tried to be as careful with them when planting them. 2 started showing leaves however they haven’t grown a stem yet and there just kind of showing no signs of improvement. I have them in FFHF in solo cups with domes on them. The others didn’t go so well and were tossed. It’s been at this stage for about 2.5 days. Am I being impatient? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

3 Likes

Its probably using all its energy sending down roots.
It actually looks pretty good.
Keep it domed and dont water until the soil gets dry.
It will start growing once the roots get established.

1 Like

Stop spraying it, you’re keeping it too wet at this point.

1 Like

Okay should I keep the domes off to let it dry out more since the humidity from the domes keeps them pretty saturated?

1 Like

There are 2 types of growers on this site, those who dome and advocate for it and those who feel domes are completely unnecessary. I’m with the completely unnecessary group and never dome.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser I am with you on domes are not needed. But I always do the opposite of everyone else. :joy::joy::joy:

@BooBooDaFoo Personally I would get a 5 ml spoon and water in a spiral pattern away from the plant. This will cause the roots to stretch for the water. Which in turns give strength to the stalks.

3 Likes

it’s fine. if slow growth continues…it will show soon.

I grow a lot of things! sometimes when yous a medium and its very dry , it needs to be rehydrated .A lot of growing mediums get hydrophobic when dry .