Seedling stem to thin

1st grow, this morning I found my seedling laying over, the leaves were facing the light. For lack of knowing what to do I propped it up and added a little dry potting soil (very little). The plant is a white widow 3 weeks old. The grow area is on my work bench in the garage in mid west US. Temps do not swing that much garage area is below ground level, humidity not controlled or monitored. Have had a fan on it the past 2 weeks, watered last evening. Very basic grow. So what went wrong? How do I save the plant?

Cover her to the top of the container with more soil. You want as much of that stretched stem to get buried so she can build roots under the soil layer.

Turn up the power on your lights. If you can’t, lower the light closer to the plant by a lot. She’s stretching, looking for more light. She will continue to stretch if it doesn’t get adjusted.

2 Likes

Agreed. She’s stretching for light. Keep her propped up. When you transplant, bury her deeper in the soil.

4 Likes

All good advice. I’d add that the quickest way to strengthen the stem is some exercise. Put a fan blowing on it. It will thicken up in a few days to a week.

4 Likes

Also don’t pour that bottle labeled “Weed Killer” on your weed. It might kill it :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick responses, I added soil to the top of pot and lowered the light, fan is still on, Again Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Just be sure to update us on her as time goes on! Always exciting to see a grow

2 Likes