Seedling starting to have a slight lean

I noticed that my seedling was having slight lean. I have lighting for 18/6 and air movement in the tent as well. I was reading that it could be possible it’s not getting enough light so I moved my light down a little lower, or I read was called “stretching”?

3 Likes

@An-Cap1776 lowering the light will help. You also can add dirt around the stalk, it will send roots out like a tomato plant does. Keep an eye on her to see how she reacts to the additional light you’ve provided by lowering it. :+1:t2::green_heart::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I added some more soil around it to help stand it upright more. Worked perfectly!

3 Likes

Agree with @Fieldofdreams
You said air movement inside the tent? That’s good but don’t let it blow on the seedling. It’s still to young to direct air on her

3 Likes

Ur seedlings are stretching to much thats why there starting to lean i would put more soil around ur plants and have a fan blowing air around ur tent to strengthen your seedlings

3 Likes

I have airflow just not blowing directly on the seedling, but enough to wiggle it a little for it to grow a strong base. I also went ahead and added (x2) more soil as recommended.

4 Likes

Much better there looking good keep up the good work

3 Likes

Are you using a dome during seedling stage? Im a newer grower as well and got advice from here to use a dome and it helped its growth tremendously. Seedlings drink with their leaves because the roots arent established yet.

Interesting thing because I was told a few different things.heard it was necessary, wasn’t. So I just took the cup off a few days ago. I normally spritz water on its leaves when I water the circumference base of the plant then a small spritz. Actually for an update, lowering the light and adding more soil around it, I noticed it went through good sporadic growth period! Started noticing it growing quicker. I keep track of everything in a journal from day 1 so my next grow I do, I can correct any mistakes. But if the humidity dome is absolutely necessary for is growth, I’ll do it. I’m taking notes!!

1 Like

They look good. I had the same thing going on. I even knocked a seedling over. I added more soil, fan and moved my lights closer. Since then they have taken off like crazy doubled growth in a couple days. This is my first grow.

1 Like

Same exact scenario! I almost knocked my seedling over though.

@An-Cap1776 those steps you’ve taken will help her get her legs under her so to speak. There’s no domes in nature so technically they aren’t necessary but the higher humidity raises success rates and that’s what we’re aiming for lol. No seed goes ungrown!! Glad to hear she’s showing signs of improvement!!

1 Like

@JustNikki why’d you ditch your avatar? It was a good one.

I’ll leave her as is then! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Looking good. IMO watering farther away from seedling stalk is advised.
Thread’s first picture shows dry soil surrounding damp seedling stalk.base.
Recommend watering for opposite image pattern. Dark soil surrounding lighter, dry, seedling.
Make the roots eeek out the moistured soil.
Good growing to you.

3 Likes

I probably should had done a little more research but it makes a lot of sense. I’ll definitely change my watering methods. Thank you!

watering advice from @DEEPDIVERDAVE is 100% Spot On…

1 Like