Seedling sprout and die

We all over think this process some! I mean this plant has grown in the wild for thousands of years with no help from man. I have seen it in fence rows when younger, and it would be 10-12 ft. tall with colas as big as your arm! As Ironman stated with Cannabis less= more sometime!

2 Likes

You need a TDS and EC pen, to find PPMs and to also do a soil slurry test! Really simple, take a sample of soil, and mix water with it, let set a few minutes and drain water off while catching it in a cup then use said PH and TDS meters to figure what your soil is! You must use distilled or RO water or you can do as I do and measure TDS and Ph to 7.0 that way you have a benchmark( starting TDS and PH) then compare those #s to what the final measure is!

1 Like

I’ve got a tds meter ordered but what ppm am I going for and how do I adjust it?

I’ll do some research. Sorry, it’s just so easy to ask. I’m gonna educate myself a bit more. Thanks

TDS/PPM/EC are all basically the same thing, EC being the most accurate! You arrive at this answer by adding nutrients to raise PPM and add water to lower. Your water will have a PPM right out of the faucet it will also have a PH. You get a chart or schedule from whatever nutrient line you use and most people start at 1/4 recommended and go from there! Take your water and check PPM and PH add the amount of nutrients you want, this will bring PPM up and PH down! Once you get PPMs where you want them, then PH!
Oh yeah you add your base PPM into the total= if you want 750 and your water is 150 out of faucet then you add enough nutrients to equal 750! 150+ 600=750

1 Like

I’ve been checking ph but that is all I’ve been checking. I’ll bet I’ve got more nutrients in the water than I did last time I grew( I haven’t grown in several months). The ph has changed significantly since last time I checked it. I’ll know more when I get my other meter. In the meantime I’m switching to distilled water! Thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome! Distilled water basically has nothing in it, you knew that though huh? Got to have a TDS pen, only way to know!

Are you using a ph pen to test ph of the water? Have you calibrated it recently / ever?

2 Likes

I do. I calibrated it but not recently.

I’ll get the stuff to calibrate it tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

@Ironman26 @Holmes I’ve done plenty of reading and I got a tds meter to test my tap water and soil. Water ppm is 167 and soil ppm is 443. However, I started to test ph and I knew I should calibrate my meter. I remember calibrating it when I first got it and I swear I used tap water. I was going to order new batteries for both meters and calibration kit for ph meter. I broke my tds meet trying to get the battery out. So now I’ve got a new meter(pictured) and plenty of calibration powder ordered. I’m very confident that ph has been a major issue for me. Thank you guys for all your help! Now that I’ve learned this I’m surprised I’ve had any success with my previous grow. Thanks again!

1 Like

This is what I ordered today.

It’s very important to make sure the glass bulb sensor stays moist between uses. Best to use distilled water if you can’t use the recommended solution. My meter has a small sponge in the cap that i wet with some distilled water each time i test my water. Also just do a quick verification check in your calibration solution before use that way you can check how long your meter will hold a calibration.

1 Like