Seedling sprout and die

This isn’t my first grow but I am new. I’ve been killing seed after seed trying to get one started. It comes up and makes a couple of leaves and dies. If course I figured I was overwatering. I’ve tried less water. I’ve tried more water. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have a fool proof way to get their plant started? After germination, I’ve been putting it in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil using ph’d well water. 1000 w LED. Thanks everyone, I know this group can help me get growing like a pro! Currently trying to grow Northern Lights auto ILGM.

1 Like

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.
@Red4 How far away are your lights? PH and PPMs of water going in?

1 Like

My light is a 1000w led about 18 inches away. I use well water with ph of.6 to 6 1/2. I’m only trying to get one going right now in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil.

Back off light and use water only!

2 Likes

I’m using water only. I’ll back the light off.

2 Likes

Do you know the PPM of water? In soil try to keep PH at 6.2-6.8.

Try a clear plastic cup over the seedling, mist the inside of the cup twice a day

2 Likes

I don’t know ppm and I’m not sure how to test soil accurately. The water I use is ph 6 to 6.5.

I’ll try that, thanks!

Raise that light up to about 30 inches or dim your light if dimmable. I’m running my light at 32 inches

2 Likes

Those look great! I’ve had success with a grow before and I’m really baffled by this. I truly appreciate all the assistance!

1 Like

No problem. That well water could have TONS of nutrients in it you dont realize tons may be slight exaggeration but regardless well water can have an abundance of minerals

2 Likes

That has crossed my mind. I may try using some distilled water.

1 Like

Thing that confuses me is I’m about to cut this plant from the same batch of seeds using the same water, soil, nothing different.

2 Likes

Something is different, we just need to figure out what! From time you start seed until they die, what are your practices? You need a TDS/EC meter to know what is going in, and as @Tinman said definitely dome for first several days!

2 Likes

As Holmes said something is different. Maybe humidity too low. Maybe temps too low. With enough info and digging someone in the community will help figure out what you have going on. Same seeds maybe but every single seed makes a different plant. I’ve got two that look identical but one gets light stress and the other don’t

2 Likes

You may have just figured it out for me! It’s colder now than it was when I planted the one I’m about to cut. I heat with wood and it brings the humidity from 50%-75% to 25%-35% inside. I’m for sure am going to use a clear cup. I’ll let you know if that was it. Thanks a bunch guys!

2 Likes

Very few seedlings would have survived that low humidity. Glad you discovered your issue. Good luck with your grow!!! Every little thing makes a difference!!

Yes it does! I’ve grown a garden most of my life and it’s got to be the most sensitive plant I’ve dealt with! I’m getting better though!

1 Like

Agreed. I have about 25 house plants and they get very little attention and it actually is that way with these plants also. Less is more with cannabis. Don’t over think it. Give them good dirt good water and good light and they will do their thing without much help. I’ve actually had to quit fertilizing bc my plants won’t take it and are growing incredibly well without any feed for 2 weeks now

2 Likes