Seedling seems to be dying.. can I save it?

Hello everyone
First grow and 1/4 of my girls seems to be having a difficult time. They’re all about 8 days since sprout and have been given jus distilled water ph’d 5.8/6.0. I’ve been careful not to over water and the lights are about 26 inches away and currently on a 18/6 schedule. These are Alaskan purple autos and temps are pretty steady at 78-81 degrees Fahrenheit with RH around 70%… any ideas on what I can do to save it or where I went wrong so that I can avoid this with the others??

1 Like

I would cut a 2liter soda bottle or something like it and put it over it I think it could be saved. @Mrcrabs will have more information. What you think mrcrabs?

3 Likes

What soil are you using? If it’s a slow release type yo may have nutrient burn.

2 Likes

@OU812 coco coir and perlite 75/25

@Beezy745 ok will do… I had a water bottle over them the first few days but I thought it might be too much being that I already had a humidifier running in the tent

1 Like

I read that when they’re that small their roots are not developed so its absorbing the moisture through the first set of leaves. Have you given them any nutes? Cuz @OU812 might be right they dont need any nutes yet too small. Or maybe your light was to close. What light are you using?

1 Like

@Beezy745 120w 3000k qb

1 Like

I dont think it’s your light I think its nutes burn like @OU812 said.

Yeah I’m thinking so too… Would it be best to feed it ph corrected water immediately? @Beezy745

1 Like

If you added nutrients to the coco I would say a flush would be best but I’m not a coco grower so I can’t say 100%

1 Like

I honestly dont know about flushing a seedling but imo I dont think flushing her would be good since you might drown her since shes so small.

1 Like

Mrcrabs let you down lol

1 Like

actually I recant my advice @Beezy745 is correct flush at this stage could be the death of her

1 Like

Thanks @Beezy745, I’m not to familiar with autos or coco, but what I can tell you is that’s not a light issue, it looks like nute burn, but you haven’t feed? Correct, What brand of coco are u using? I ask because some of the cheaper ones that Ive used in the past have to be washed out with rain water or RO water to rinse out any extra salt content still left behind @Apollo1023

2 Likes

Yeah bud way too small for nitrogen, could of started with an organic one with worm castings and stuff like that no hard stuff until week 3 and with 1/4 the recommended. Just spray them with PhD water for now with a spray bottle like is raining, and if it does rain and you can collect a Bit of that rain water to spray them with dont even ph that one, omg they love it

1 Like

I’m using viagrow coco… That may be the issue because I didn’t wash the coco and I used regular tap water to expand it @Mrcrabs

2 Likes

I normally wait until I do my first topping to start nutes, just using fox farm big bloom which no matter how much you use will not burn plant. Pure stuff to help them grow Nd start a habit for the upcoming nutes. First topping same day of feeding then I use 1/4 of the recommended so instead of 10ml a gallon like chart says I do 2.5ml a gallon

Tab water is fine believe it or not helps kill a lot of bacteria including mold from forming specially if you are using smart pots.

Hit the plant and a little around bottom of the plant with a spray bottle with organic or pure water, dont water that whole pot with that little plant, too much water for her, remember they work better dry just not super dry keep an eye, they won’t die quick if they need water they will drop down like how they do after you water them, that’s telling you to water them but they wont die

1 Like

Viagrow is a good brand, i’ve used inferior quality ones with no problem but I wash them out . I don’t like using municipal water to wash out my Coco coir Because we have a high ppm’s in our water, my guess is the municipal water that you expanded you’re coir with May be the culprit, you have to remember Autos are different than Photos and stunned early and our yields will suffer, this is my first run with autos, three out of six are stunned. I suggest to keep watering with correct ph for coco and hopes she pulls thru, good luck my friend. I will tag a few coco and auto growers see what they have to say @Myfriendis410 @GreenJewels @Budbrother @blackthumbbetty

1 Like