Seedling questions please read

Yes once u plant it soak it down around plant pretty well and leave it til she is air dry again then soak down and wait til dry. Soil needs wet dry wet dry. Unless u r organic then it is a keep moist not wet deal. Seems to look like alotta woody chunks in the soil what soil r u using and what nutrients

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on seems to be worse?!? Now it’s laying down even more cotys are bending weirdly and actual two leaves are bending upwards. It looks like it’s dying to me. Sigh.

Also lights aren’t that strong and same light I use on all seeds starting off. Then move to bigger light! Also weirdly no matter what I use to hold it up it decides to turn another way and face down anyways. @Graysin @Underthestairs @Newt @Pet_de_Chien @merlin44 @Audiofreak I truly don’t get it.

1 Like

@Jaysittinback @Fatz1973

It is a bummer, but I agree that seedling appears to be dying. I can’t tell you what is going on, but it is important to figure it out.

Other than my first grow when I messed with the seedlings too much and nearly killed them, I have not had anything like that. I think I would try another seed in the same conditions to see if it was bad seed. If the second seedling does something similar, then it is certainly something in the environment. Soil? Water? Etc?

Perhaps someone with more knowledge and experience than me can give you better advice.

3 Likes

Weirdly enough this seed started off great, I did the same thing as with the other which you guys had gave advice in also. Pics above. That seed is now off to a slow start but its leaves are finally starting to grow and it’s doing decent also sitting straight up. This one who was sitting straight up is going downhill and no matter what I do it doesn’t help it. It always turns away from the light no matter this distance. I’ve never seen anything like it. Also same strain same light height conditions etc for the other seed and that one is perfectly growing now.

2 Likes

That’s my thought too. I would pop another and see the result. It may just be weak genetics. I’ve had my share of those.

4 Likes

Just responded to him above but weirdly the same strain seed etc conditions n so on. Now that seed that started off bad is doing it’s thing but this one who started off hot decides to give out. Makes no sense.

2 Likes

Just weak genetics. :v: every seed is a different roll of the dice. This one got a bad luck roll.

4 Likes

Appreciate you guys! On to the next! Ordering some gorilla glue #4 here in just a couple mins. Hoping that’s fire as I’ve heard from many!

sorry for your loss, I hope you don’t run out of smoke. GG4 is powerful, seems like everbody likes it

1 Like

Thank you! Debating leaving it be till the seeds arrive but honestly also thinking just digging it up/out. It does suck as I was super excited but hey that’s nature right? And yea just ordering a 10 pack of GG4 autos with 10 free coming! Excited about that, I’ve heard many good things so we shall see.

2 Likes

still got one growing right?

Each seed behaves in its own fashion. It doesn’t always make sense to us. Not every child from the same family grows up to be a world class athlete.

4 Likes

Yea I do but getting low on the good stuff. For the first time in a while I might have to get some from someone for the meantime. One plant is going fine but no where near being done before I run out.

1 Like

Me too bud I got a month and a half’s supply and plan on flipping to flower around xmas day

2 Likes

I wish you the best of luck my dude!! Your timing sounds perfect! What strain? Any pics?

1 Like

grape ape. around 90% indica she is and last ones were stocky and thick, with heavy mellow but smiley buzz.

2 Likes

last harvest three of them about a week apart

3 Likes

That sounds awesome man! And they look great! I just ordered 20 GG4. Heard very good things so I guess we will see. Never heard of grape ape personally, mainly my area before growing myself of course we would get strains out here like white widow, blue dream, sour diesel etc.

1 Like