Seedling questions please read

I have my next run, now 2.5 weeks old, 3 inches from my veg/clone strips 24/7…they are 4" tall 6" wide and node 4 just popped. Already getting Dune / Lumina foliar…Humic/hydrolysate/tria/kelp root drench on full str jacks.

Point was in that ramble-on, was 24/7 18/6 whatever you like at this point…the seedling is not as much light sensitive(for Photosynth - upright orientating is all) as it is temp. and digging that taproot.

1 Like

Well this morning it was still closed up so I took two toothpicks and gently opened it as far as I was comfortable. It’s looking like one coty is gonna die maybe I’m wrong pics below. I know it can still live with one but will be stunted. The stalk is still super green and tiny leaves inside are green but it will not grow… I guess just a bad seed or maybe this coty dying is holding it back idk.

4 Likes

No sweat, shes a survivor…dont worry about the cotys. I’ve broken one off and still had em do great. Now she did her part with a little help, now its up to you to provided the Best Environment for her. The little leaves are the goal, cotys will dry up and fall off in the next month or so anyway.

4 Likes

Correct! And I appreciate that! I’m gonna keep the light on it and keep a moist environment. I can’t wrap my head around the zero growth, a part of me feels like it’s slowing dying. I hope something changes now that it’s a bit more opened up to the light. However the one cotys brown progressing I know that’s making it so much harder on it. I appreciate the early response!

2 Likes

It takes a few day before you’ll see topside movement, all the work is stretching that tap root, no point in growin big leaves up top if you cant feed them, right.
High Humidity 70%, warm temps mid/upper 70’s, low soil moisture, damp not wet, 24/7 low intensity light…wait. Do you have something like Azos/Tribus/Photosynth+ ? if so, add that to you first watering in a few days. And against most advice, a couple drops right at the stem to inoculate the roots as it traces down.

3 Likes

The plant itself is a photo but don’t have any of those. And I could see the water drops to the roots but as you said against most. Will that help her? Don’t wanna do too much trying to help if that makes sense but wanna give it the best chance to live. I can definitely do some drops on the roots/stalk tonight when I get home! I’m hoping it makes progress thru the day. The water drops won’t hurt the roots? I’ve heard the cotys give it water at this stage so would the water drown or hurt it some?

2 Likes

The Beneficial Microbes, Yes would help. Sorry, I may have jumped from beginner - to lets drop in a supercharger, cam and stroke this motor out. Just do the basics and watch and learn for next go around. Definitely stay on the less is more attitude, far easier to kill with too much love than neglect. Stay with the water outside of the drip line for now, best advice you were already given.

2 Likes

So just keep misting the soil around it but not on it so it can absorb thru the soil and keep the cup on for humidity?

2 Likes

Your little seedling appears to be on the right track. I am glad to see that @Pet_de_Chien is coaching you to success.

2 Likes

I appreciate the comment and appreciate @Pet_de_Chien also! All of you guys are very helpful! I’m glad to hear you think it’s on the right track that eases me some. Does that browning coty at such a young age not worry your guys? I know they fall off anyways but such an early stage I feel like it might not make it! Excited to see the progress or change in general this evening!

2 Likes

Nope not even a little bit. I’ve got $20 on 100% survival…keep on the Keep it simple track and you’ll be fine…Don’t expect much for a week, then she’ll start some vertical.

2 Likes

I don’t think that the damaged or weakened cotyledon will be much of a problem. The plant may or may not ultimately grow the way that you expect it to but the cotyledons are the least of your worries.

At this point, take a deep breath and see what happens.

2 Likes

I like the confidence! Gonna stay simple and do what I know works! You guys are the best seriously. Thanks again! I’ll keep updating as days go on!

2 Likes

I’m gonna stay simple and do what works! I’ll update in the following days/week. Thank you both!

2 Likes

That’s what I do take a straight pin after wetting it down wait a few seconds and see if you can slowly stick it between 2 parts of leaf and separate gently.

2 Likes

Ok so yet another mystery on my other seedling. It’s bending over which I first thought too much light. I back the light off even move it to a far side to try to make the seedling move that direction to straighten the stem. However that hasn’t worked it just stays in the same spot, I will however say I used some small cardboards pieces to hold it up straight and then it curves left to look down another direction. Can anybody tell me what the issue is? Also leaves have seemed to curl down instead of straight out/up more like they were. Pics below! Happy thanksgiving everybody!

1 Like

Your pictures don’t show soil moisture conditions.
Support ticket, ILGM Forum available, helps others help you.

Happy Thanksgiving and good growing to you.

1 Like

Soil moisture stays wet and humid.

Cannabis prefers a wet/dry cycle. Seedling should only be getting a couple mls of water a day at this point.

Happy Thanksgiving

3 Likes

It looks almost like the shell skin is still on that city. Just rub the leaf ever so gentle from diff directions and see if it starts to look like it wants to peel. If so grab the part and peel it a bit slowly. If u ever see the shell come off and it’s not popped open right away the skin stayed on need to work that off or it will smother the leaves and kill it.

1 Like